THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I used a similar method found in Myron Mixon's latest cook book.

I have GOT to get a copy of that. The only real book store in my town went out of business (Borders) and the last time I saw Myron at a comp he had sold out. So, I guess I will have to check out Amazon for it.

Drool.gif

That brisket looks really good, Joe. But I don't understand. If a brisket can be cooked hot and fast, and turn out this good, what's the advantage of cooking it low and slow for a really long cook? Why would folks still do it that way? :confused:

That brisket looks really good, Joe. But I don't understand. If a brisket can be cooked hot and fast, and turn out this good, what's the advantage of cooking it low and slow for a really long cook? Why would folks still do it that way? :confused:

I don't know. Some people like doing the long cooks, I guess.

I believe I put it right on the grate with direct heat. You can use a sweet BBQ sauce, a rub with sugar in it, or the glaze. Either one will work fine.

Now wait just a cotton-pickin minute.......you CAN'T cook a brisket in 4.5 hours!

:tsk::crazy:

:roll::heh::wink:

Looks good Joe! Looks REAL good. Don't know how I missed this the first go round....:confused:

So I'm using this method today, in the resting in the cooler period at this point, took 5 hours on my keg to probe like butter. Thermapen was showing 211d....lovin this!

Rested and foiled for 2 hours in a cooler between newspaper with a towel to cover. I've sliced the flat, had a nice ring from the mesquite I used. Had that pull and give texture, awesome. I chopped up the point and the fat had melted in a lovely beefy goo, im sure partly due to that beef consomme injection, way better than broth for sure.I'm sold,this is how i make a brisket from now on.
Thanks Bo!:thumb:

Back