THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wampus

somebody shut me the fark up.
I usually do this ham recipe for Christmas, but since the whole ham at Christmas was HUGE (like 27 lbs), I butchered it and saved and vacuum sealed the butt portion and froze it. Figured I'd cook it for Easter Dinner. I have done a smoked salmon fillet every year for Easter for a while now and this year was no different.

Here's how all that went down....

About a week ago I thawed out the 10.5 ham and started a wet cure (using THIS RECIPE) and let it soak for about 5.5 days. On Thursday afternoon I took it out of the cure, rinsed and patted it dry and let it rest a full day in the fridge on a rack. Friday I fired up the UDS with some Kingsford Blue and hickory chunks. Slow smoked it at 200 degrees for 2 hours, added the glaze and continued to smoke it until it hit 155 IT. Then a nice long rest in the fridge until time to warm it back up yesterday in the oven.

Mrs. Wampus picked up a nice big salmon filet for me, which got dry cured for 4 hours, rested in the fridge overnight and hot smoked with apple on Saturday (I used THIS METHOD). It was devoured in short order when the family arrived yesterday before dinner was served.

Photo documented as such.......

Ham out of the cure, rested and ready for smoke....

P3250003_zpsk3fdo35x.jpg

After 2 hours, ready for glaze.....

P3250006_zpsws6yzv3w.jpg

FINALLY hit 155 about 2 am (didn't think it would take that long), but it sure looked and smelled awesome!

P3260010_zpsx6wszcnb.jpg

The salmon fillet out of the cure, rinsed and ready for a nap in the fridge to develop that nice dry exterior....

P3250007_zpsp1jtltki.jpg

On Saturday on the Performer with some apple chunks and lump charcoal....

P3260015_zpsutsfjinq.jpg

After about 25 minutes....she's done......

P3260016_zpsychr2nfz.jpg

If you like smoked salmon....you GOTTA try this.....

P3260019_zpsunrtjhr4.jpg

The ham yesterday, out of the fridge and ready for the oven to reheat......

P3270020_zpsgdznzuvq.jpg

.....and ready for slicing.....

P3270022_zpsjhn03yof.jpg

P3270021_zpsmmjaych5.jpg

Turned out great.....

P3270025_zpsupcu2zs3.jpg

Served with oven roasted sweet potatoes....

P3270032_zps4vesk5j9.jpg

Oven roasted asparagus.....

P3270033_zps43chb2zj.jpg

The MIL's famous mac & cheese......

P3270034_zpsdjlnazpr.jpg

SIL made fruit salad.....

P3270036_zpseoke79w9.jpg

....and she also brought some fresh baked bread.....

P3270035_zpsygipjbdh.jpg

LET'S EAT Y'ALL!!!!

Didn't get a photo of the two cakes the Mom & Dad made & brought (yellow cake with chocolate icing and pineapple cake with white/coconut icing). :doh:

Thanks for looking!
I hope you all had a great Easter!

HAPPY EASTER BRETHREN!!!!

Back