THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

TxQGuy

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Big C
So, I made mention of it in 16Adams' Charcoal Cache thread, but figured I would post a pic. Here is the weird lump charcoal I found at the .99 cent store. It was 2 bucks a bag (technically a gross violation of the ".99 cent store" thing but I digress...). I tried Googling it but nothing came up. Has anyone heard of, seen, or used this stuff before?

I'm in it to win it, y'all. 6 bags for twelve bucks. Plus a badly superimposed image of what I'm pretty sure is the bull statue on Wall Street. What's not to like? :mrgreen::clap2:

Q5Uvdb8h.jpg

I bought a similar made in Mexico mesquite lump bag a couple seasons ago. VERY sparky.

When you open it look for finished wood trim pieces and pieces of egg carton and what not. They have to do something with the stuff they sweep off the wood mil floor.

Would be nice to be proved wrong though. Please post some pic's when you use it!

huh. a $2 store... everything IS bigger in TX. great price though, interested to hear how it works for you.

UPDATE: Man, this stuff is &%^$ terrible. :laugh::mmph: It sparks like a son of a gun, and the chunks are so unevenly sized that my first bag had some the size of briquettes, and a few that were almost as long as my forearm. Ah well, you get what you pay for I suppose. This'll be used in the firepit, not for cooking I guess. 5 bags to go...

Back