THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cycl0pz

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
So here you have it, my first Pr0n opening thread overseas :clap:
I got my hands on a deer thanks to a hunter I spoke to.
Here are some results, the rest is coming the next session(s).

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1315.jpg

IMG_1316.jpg

IMG_1351-1.jpg

1. DOINK-balls, Deer & Pork :icon_smile_tongue: Grounded one shoulder for the balls.....

IMG_2747.jpg

IMG_2749.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

2. Loin, Marinated in Jamaican Jerk for 4 hours. Direct grilled on the WGA, and served with chicory, potatoes, and sauce of the jerk and BBQ-sauce

IMG_2738.jpg

IMG_2764.jpg

IMG_2765.jpg

IMG_2767.jpg

3. Leg, L&S on UDS with hickory till 115F. And put on the chicory/ potato and foiled up to 135F, glazed it with left over Jerk and BBQ-sauce . End-sear on the WGA.

IMG_2732.jpg

IMG_2751.jpg

IMG_2771.jpg

IMG_2774.jpg

IMG_2778.jpg

4. Neck, Hickory smoked for 8 hours, No pushing or pulling but pretty hard to get if of. But quite tender and nice smoke, for on my sandwich tomorrow :)

IMG_2734.jpg

IMG_2780.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

More Pr0n....

IMG_2736.jpg

IMG_2735.jpg

IMG_2743.jpg

IMG_2744.jpg

IMG_2745.jpg

IMG_2746.jpg

IMG_2754.jpg

IMG_2761.jpg

Thanks for watching :grin:

Last edited:
:-D Ow ham slices... It's a pretty simple dish I love to make on the Q. Sliced potatoes, a little bacon, cover it with chicory, put some spices on it like: Salt, pepper and garlic, some Mediterranean herbs and/or DIRT goes really good on it as well. Ham on top and a little beer in it for helping it steam, and top of with cheese. I did cheese at the very end or else my meat would stick to it while wrapping the whole thing up with the leg. But normally you can do it right away. A Dutch brethren started it with only chicory and I gave it a bit my own twist... Simple and tasty :-D

Last edited:
By chicory is that same as endive? And how do u wrap the leg. I'm lost?1:mmph:

:grin: I think what went wrong by telling wrapping... I packed the whole leg onto the 'chicory' basket. And the wrapped the whole thing with alu-foil. Steaming of the beer and chicory would keep the leg moist I figured out. When I gave my leg some rest in foil alone, I put on the cheese on the chicory.

IMG_2752.jpg

I think chicory is the correct word, looking to wiki. Witloof, Belgian endive it says so you are kinda correct with your endive. Maybe it's not so common overseas. Sorry for my maybe bad English :eek:hwell:

Nice use of the whole deer. That backstrap looks amazing!

What kind of deer is that? The fur in the first pic looks like something out of a Dr. Seuss book.

Back