THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I also have a Cajun RV Works Fryer as Tuscaloosa mentioned above. I believe they start out with a 2 gallon unit and go up from there. As was said earlier, what do you want out of your fryer. I like cooking for 25+ people so this made sense to me (not my wife��). I also enjoy cooking for others at work and such so being portable with propane was a huge selling point. It's hard to fry a lot of food with good heat recovery without either 220 volts or propane. It is built very, very heavy and would last a couple lifetimes. Good luck with your purchase.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 106
I've been using a Hamilton Beach model for 4 or 5 yrs now. No problems. I prefer it to using my propane fryer. It doesn't take but 1/2 the oil, I don't have to ever worry about over temping the oil. I do quite a few surfnturf cooks for 15 to 30 folks a few times a year, every year ( right Smoke Ninja). I just start frying before the crowd shows up. I've been using a propane fryer since the 90's and find I just prefer the electric. A good friend also switched from propane to using 2 electric fryers for his surfnturf cooks doing 2 to 3 cooks every year. The wife even switched from using the cast iron to using the electric as the batter stays on much better, less mess which equals easier clean up.
Just my experience.

I've always used the Waring Pro fryers and I have never had any issues with them keeping up. I think the main issue that I've seen time and time again is that people tend to overfill the fryers which is why there can be such a long recovery time.

Agreed ^^^. I have a small electric home model and it works great. I would wager that 99% of the time the people complaining in reviews aren't using it right (e.g. over crowding the basket, not waiting to recover, etc). If you jam the basket full then it won't cook right. If you cook a batch, remove it, and immediately drop in another full batch without any recovery time (because this is not a commercial unit and needs a very short period to recover temp) then it won't cook right either. I'm not an expert in frying but if you work within the parameters of the tool you're using it's going to work just fine unless the unit is actually defective (which then isn't user error).

Bought a large 20 inch or so propane Bass Pro Wok about a year ago. It has a major turky fryer like burner base with a large burner that can put out a flame like a jet afterburner. I have to be careful to not overheat anything. I have a SS pot with a basket that I put on top of it for deep frying or boiling. I like it, but it is a little hard to adjust to hold a desired temperature.

Back