THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hawgsnheifers

Take a breath!
The PB and I will be going down to Fort Worth and Dallas for a little vacation. Can any of the Brothers recommend any BBQ joints to go to? Also any Mexican or Tex Mex we should try?

Thanks.

Joe T. Garcias in Ft Worth for Mex. BBQ - some good choices on both sides of the metroplex. What area will you be in? It's makes a big difference on you're driving area.

Staying north of Ft Worth at the Doral Tesoro next to Texas Motor Speedway, but will also be heading over to Dallas, N. Richland Hills & Southlake as well.

We had a TXFO get-together at North Main BBQ in Euless. Good stuff. All ya can eat & BYOB. http://www.northmainbbq.com/ Stop at Hall's for a great assortment of beers. (Ask Arlin) Hall's Farmers Market, 400 Glade Road, Colleyville, Texas (NW corner of 121 & Glade)

Here's a flashback of that bash (featuring anatomically correct armadillo smoker & toothless farkers on parade)
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15404&page=8

Or could go up I-35 to Rudy's in Denton. Had a li'l get-together there. Here's that flashback: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15404&page=14

Haven't been to Angelo's Barbecue (2533 White Settlement Rd
Fort Worth, TX 76107 phone: (817) 332-0357 ) in probably 10 years
but always liked it for Ft. Worth Que.

Have heard good stuff about the Railhead in FT. Worth but haven't been there.
Here's some info: http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-2742962-railhead_smokehouse_fort_worth-i

Last edited:
I grew up in Dallas and my family always went to Spring Creek BBQ. It's not the most rustic place, but it has good, solid food. Free hot fresh rolls, and peach cobbler to die for.

Angelo's in Ft. Worth is worth a try. Spring Creek ain't what it used to be. Last time there, I woulda sworn the ribs were boiled. Rail Head ani't too bad depending on the day...

James.

For Tex-Mex in Ft. Worth Joe T's is excellent. You can also try Uncle Julio's. In Southlake give Blue Mesa Grill a shot. N. Richland Hills, I'd check out Mi Pueblo. And Finally in Dallas go to Chuy's, for a blend of Tex-Mex and New-Mex.

Jorge said:
For Tex-Mex in Ft. Worth Joe T's is excellent. You can also try Uncle Julio's. In Southlake give Blue Mesa Grill a shot. N. Richland Hills, I'd check out Mi Pueblo. And Finally in Dallas go to Chuy's, for a blend of Tex-Mex and New-Mex.

Oh yea. We hit that Blue Mesa Grill in Southlake a couple years back on another trip and they make the best Margaritas I have ever had. The Salsa was also good and different from what were used to around the midwest.

All you Mexican food lovers down south are gonna chit but I have to say the best place I have had Mexican food was in Woodland Park Colorado. There is the place on the main drag that has wounderful atmosphere and they offer shredded meet as a choice in all their entries. It reminded me of my Sisters first husband from L.A. His last name was Duarte and he was a cook at a food stand at the Farmers Market in L.A. He would come over with my Sister and make the family dinner on sunday's and he always had the shredded seasones flank steak to put into whatever you wanted. Taco, burrito, tostada. Man that chit was good. If only Chipolte would offer shredded meats.

By the way, Mrs Hawgsnheifers and I are going to be down there the first week of October if any of you Brothers want to meet up at a good "Q" joint and do some "bench Qing". Arriving Sunday the 1st and leaving Friday the 6th. We gotta eat so maybe we can pick a night and get a few together. We're visiting my Sister and her Husband that live in North Richland Hills and they like to smoke brisket in a Weber Kettle. I've been trying to get em on the Brethern. Let me know if anybody is game and well set something up....

Jorge said:
And Finally in Dallas go to Chuy's, for a blend of Tex-Mex and New-Mex.

Where's the Chuy's in Dallas? My cousin who went to (ack!) UT (ack!) raved about the one in Austin. The last time I was there we couldn't get in. I'm occasionally in Dallas to visit the in-laws.

Can't say I agree about Springcreek other than the rolls. I have always said, "Springcreek, for a BBQ place, it is a pretty good bakery."

Angelo's is a Ft Worth BBQ institution, but is not as good as it used to be.

Definitely hit Joe T Garcia's, they have a very limited menu, Fajitas and Enchiladas, but they do them well. Not to mention the Margaritas.

If you want to drop some $$ and have lots of meat, go to Tejas De Brazil in Downtown Fort Worth.

Try Joes Pizza and Pasta in Southlake. 114 and Southlake I believe. They were really good pizza for these parts. It's been a while since I ate there though.

Hawgsnheifers said:
By the way, Mrs Hawgsnheifers and I are going to be down there the first week of October if any of you Brothers want to meet up at a good "Q" joint and do some "bench Qing". Arriving Sunday the 1st and leaving Friday the 6th. We gotta eat so maybe we can pick a night and get a few together. We're visiting my Sister and her Husband that live in North Richland Hills and they like to smoke brisket in a Weber Kettle. I've been trying to get em on the Brethern. Let me know if anybody is game and well set something up....

I would recommend Abuelo's or Mercado Juarez if you were looking for Mexican food. Either is a good choice and with in driving distance of where you are. Abuelo’s is in the Hurst area (next door to North Richland hills) I live in NRH! Mercado Juarez is off 35W near downtown fort worth. What part of NRH are you going to be in? Q there is the Cotton belt BBQ I've heard good things about. Never been there could be a good time to try! I'm game for an evening. Let me know when. The 3rd will be out for me. :wink:

My Sister lives in NRH on North Coventry Circle. When we get a little closer to coming down, we'll try to figure out where were gonna be on which night and see if we can take in the Cotton Belt BBQ and maybe some of you Brothers can meet us there. I'll keep you posted on this thread.

OK all this talk about spring creek got me thinking. then i remembered i went to Shady Oaks BBQ there in fossil creek. They are owned by the same people, so is the BBQ the same? if so i wouldnt waste my time there. id pick up some ribs from the albertsons cooked chicken and ribs bin and call it a day. But i am ready to head on over to ft worth for another get together.. im jonesin for some good q and conversation.,

Back