THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crunch wrap perfection. My youngest has been really wanting to try a homemade crunch wrap so I will have to torture him by showing him this. Then making something similar

That looks delicious and Fancy
Tostados is a fried Taco bread? is it?

Titch, a tostada is a crispy fried corn tortilla.

I don't recall if I ever saw a Taco Bell last time I was in Oz. Over here that chain of fast food Mexican restaurants serves an item called a crunch wrap. Sako's looks WAAAAY better! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Ive Q`d tri tips and tenderloins for years but never put them together like this. Dang I love this forum. I will do this in the next few days for the family. May as well throw a young chicken on the grill as well........

Thanks! You can do it with pretty much anything from meat to seafood. I just happened to have tenderloins and a tri tip in the freezer I wanted to use.

Ohhhhh Man....

That looks terrific! I just read about a guy doing brisket crunchwaps down in Austin. Pickled onions would be good. Love the addition of pickled serranos though.

Thanks! Now that's a nice twist. May have to do that next time. :hungry:

Nice, never see these posted when they're so simple and about the least messy + easiest to eat sorta taco/burrito.

When I have time I like frying the middle corn tortilla myself. I also put the lettuce/pico/etc. on first/bottom, but wouldn't exactly turn one of yours down, LOL.

[p.s. Just to throw any crunchwrap factoids here for future searches: those triple-double or whatever they're called, i.e. the breakfast crunchwrap, are simply a tortilla with a slit half-way down, and folded over a couple times]

Thanks! I had a surplus of good tostadas so I used them otherwise I agree.

Looks incredible as always Sako!

:hungry:

Thanks John!

Crunch wrap perfection. My youngest has been really wanting to try a homemade crunch wrap so I will have to torture him by showing him this. Then making something similar

Thanks Joe! Give it a go Joe. Kids especially love them and you can involve them as it's super easy to do.

Titch, a tostada is a crispy fried corn tortilla.

I don't recall if I ever saw a Taco Bell last time I was in Oz. Over here that chain of fast food Mexican restaurants serves an item called a crunch wrap. Sako's looks WAAAAY better! :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Thanks Ed! :thumb:

Thanks brother!

With our combined cooking skills plus equal amounts of business and street smarts, I believe we can successfully launch a Mexican restaurant here in Nashville that ultimately can become a national chain that will be talked about for generations to come and will be a part of pop culture.

How's that for "thinking outside the bun"? :becky:

There. I said it...

With our combined cooking skills plus equal amounts of business and street smarts, I believe we can successfully launch a Mexican restaurant here in Nashville that ultimately can become a national chain that will be talked about for generations to come and will be a part of pop culture.

How's that for "thinking outside the bun"? :becky:

There. I said it...

Dude,

You probably won't believe it but I was thinking a venture together as soon as you said cantina in your original post. Was already brainstorming on the name. Moose & Sako's Tacos :laugh:

Dude,

You probably won't believe it but I was thinking a venture together as soon as you said cantina in your original post. Was already brainstorming on the name. Moose & Sako's Tacos :laugh:

Well, with a name like that, we'll certainly stand out! :bow:

Let's get on the horn and talk about it soon. I've identified a number of weak links in the local cuisine we could fill and really knock it out of the park.

Awesome as usual! We make these often. Just gotta be careful and not crack the big tortilla when making the folds. Contents change based on what meats I have left over. My daughter only likes them with ground beef... weirdo! :heh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Awesome as usual! We make these often. Just gotta be careful and not crack the big tortilla when making the folds. Contents change based on what meats I have left over. My daughter only likes them with ground beef... weirdo! :heh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Thanks Paul!

Super fresh tortillas are key. And I've made it with ground beef but it doesn't "hit" the same in their own language.:laugh:

6nLpSDOh.jpg

Back