Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
On Saturday I did sort of a surf and turf by making some Aguachiles first

Shrimp peeled and deveined

AtHHipFh.jpg

Then cooked in freshly squeezed lime juice

CUftHkzh.jpg

After the shrimp was cooked I added jalapeno/cilantro puree, freshly diced cucumbers, avocados, red onions and fresh chopped cilantro

g5BbRYUh.jpg

Served on tostadas with hot sauce

YBvScxYh.jpg

In the meantime I had the porterhouse steak going in sous vide

KowJ6TYh.jpg

Baked potato

rBWDr6Dh.jpg

After the sous vide bath a quick sear

W3OqvTdh.jpg

Grilled corn

dDOa8Rxh.jpg

Served

QJtUpnHh.jpg

eTxIGjph.jpg

On Sunday I put together a tostada with basically whatever was left in the fridge

Found a tortilla and I toasted it in the oven for a salad bowl

mFcb6eKh.jpg

15 mins later

o92oiaFh.jpg

Had two pieces of country style ribs which I seasoned and smoked

s2T9bVuh.jpg

There was a can of beans in the pantry and cheese in the fridge

ocAKTE2h.jpg

Roasted some corn on the grill

c2EBb01h.jpg

Cubed the country style ribs

EZyEepqh.jpg

Had everything for a quick pico and shredded some lettuce

b0yCOenh.jpg

Found taco sauce, sour cream, green onions and avocado. Perfect ingredients for a tostada salad

dj6xpxkh.jpg

That's about it!! :becky: Nice change from the steak dinner the night before.

fMT92qhh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
:laugh: Thanks Adam! That was the last victim as I had tossed the rest away.

Love the freshness of cold aguachiles or ceviche during hot summer days after a big steak meal.

How did you get all that juice from that tiny lime?!?!? :p

seriously, this all looks so good. I just ate and would gladly eat all of this!

thanks for sharing, Sako!

You had me at aguachiles! Love those spicy little things! Yeah, the other stuff looks good too, but can I have another plate of them aguachiles?!?!? :wink:

You had me at aguachiles! Love those spicy little things! Yeah, the other stuff looks good too, but can I have another plate of them aguachiles?!?!? :wink:

Thanks Andy!

I don't do desserts so that was my dessert later after the meal. I love 'em too and hadn't done 'em in a while. I don't know why either since it's one of the easiest things to make.

Man, that all looks good.

I can’t find a good avocado here to save my life lately.

Man, that all looks good.

I can’t find a good avocado here to save my life lately.

Thanks Mike!

We don't really have any issues finding avocado here except prices have gone up on them ever since the whole deal with the Mexican avocado farmers. They will find ways to raise the prices on anything and even avocados are not an exception. Making sure they take the joy out of everything people enjoy.

All looks great. How long did you “cook” the shrimp in the lime juice ?

Tom

Thanks Tom!

It was about 25 mins before they turned pink. Even though ready to eat, I did put them in the fridge after to have them later.

Looks awesome but how the hell do you fit in the C8 cooking/eating like that? :biggrin1:

Particularly like the ceviche (may have just answered my own question?). Have grown too lazy to squeeze a bunch of limes. This stuff is very good and much easier Lucy’s Family Owned - Lime Juice, 32 oz. Bottle (Pack of 2). Keep refrigerated.

Lol Thanks Erik! I fit just fine in the C8 cockpit.

I make sure to eat my veggies and most of the time eat probably less than half of what I make. Most of the time the food is also shared. As good as the food is there is always leftovers for the next day for lunch or something. For example, I probably ate less than half of the tostada salad on Sunday and took it to work for lunch the next day Monday. Monday evening I even skipped dinner since I was still pretty full from lunch. Just a few pieces of fruit and called it a night.

Back