Chile Mac...with a side of spares

I had my heart set on chile mac. The spares were just there for the heck of it. :oops:

Rubbed the spares with bacon drippin's then Dink's Udder Madness. Into the drum til done.

ribs%20n%20chile%20mac%20010res_zps4ymkuemv.jpg

used some of my Hatch chile stash from the freezer...

ribs%20n%20chile%20mac%20018res_zpskfr5rogh.jpg

sauteed the scallions and garlic in butter, then added flour, cream, cheese and seasonings for the sauce..

ribs%20n%20chile%20mac%20019res_zpshcps72gq.jpg

started with a layer of cooked/drained mac, cheese sauce, scallions...

ribs%20n%20chile%20mac%20022res_zps1t0ovgky.jpg

next a layer of the peeled, seeded chiles...

ribs%20n%20chile%20mac%20024res_zpskdr8m6l4.jpg

more mac, cheese sauce and cheese...

ribs%20n%20chile%20mac%20028res_zps8e2ta6am.jpg

topped with cracker crumbs...

res%201_zpsccasxu4s.jpg

hot and bubbly...

ribs%20n%20chile%20mac%20031res_zpsfamg7qy3.jpg

res_zpsxdntyg2v.jpg

res2_zpsubfgtye2.jpg

and a rib for show...

ribs%20n%20chile%20mac%20042res_zps3dsndll2.jpg

ribs%20n%20chile%20mac%20065res_zps37z38ocp.jpg

I was a happy girl, I love chile mac. :love:

The ribs were tasty too, but I was in it for the mac. :wink:

Thanks for looking!

You're lucky I'm not your next door neighbour...I'd sneak over all stealthy like and grab it off your back window sill, Trying my best to not get shot..lol!
P.S. I'll bring your dish back; promise...:becky:

Beautiful!

KC

Thank you KC! :grin:

You're lucky I'm not your next door neighbour...I'd sneak over all stealthy like and grab it off your back window sill, Trying my best to not get shot..lol!
P.S. I'll bring your dish back; promise...:becky:

lol As long as you bring back the dish, all is well. Thanks!! :mrgreen:

My grandsons saw your mac and cheese post this morning so guess what we are having for lunch. I'll have to leave out the spicy stuff for the younger one but Ayden the oldest would eat a whole helping just like it is.

Now this is cute, he asked me if you were married. I told him I don't think so why would you like to marry her for the mac and cheese. He got all embarrassed and told me he's too young to get married! He looks at me and said what about you grandpa, I told him I'm too old! :mrgreen:

i-fVWBNbG-L.jpg

When I grow up I wanna be able to cook like you! Damn! That looks great! :thumb:

Thank you Andrew! :-D

My grandsons saw your mac and cheese post this morning so guess what we are having for lunch. I'll have to leave out the spicy stuff for the younger one but Ayden the oldest would eat a whole helping just like it is.

Now this is cute, he asked me if you were married. I told him I don't think so why would you like to marry her for the mac and cheese. He got all embarrassed and told me he's too young to get married! He looks at me and said what about you grandpa, I told him I'm too old! :mrgreen:

i-fVWBNbG-L.jpg

Too cute!! Thank you for the story Norm! :becky: :hug:
Your grandsons look like a couple of sweet hearts. Hope you take pics of the mac and cheese for me. :thumb:

Back