THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would have to agree with Johnnie's Beef. Although Portillos is very good( you heard me Corey). Depending on time/place I should be able to make it.
agreed .. I am very vocal of my disdain for corp owned chain restaurants but Portillo's isnt all that bad .

OK... Lots of stuff since my last post :-D

Dan... i agree with Johnnie's.

Kave Dweller (Is it Corey?), Portillo's isn't bad, especially if there are no other options. They are the only option for a beef within a 15 minute drive of my house.

Bill... I agree with Village Pizza, good stuff. But, I'll admit that I do like Malnati's. I know I'm not supposed to, but I do.

Corey... I know the owner of the Penny Road Pub (Steve) but I've never been there. I've worked with his wife for about 15 years.

How do you locals feel about The Assembly on Barrington road? I haven't been there for a couple of years but I've enjoyed their burgers in the past.

Kave Dweller (Is it Corey?)

Corey... I know the owner of the Penny Road Pub (Steve).

How do you locals feel about The Assembly on Barrington road?

Yeah it's Corey.

Haven't been to penny road pub or assembly in years. Doesn't matter to me, ill go any where.

I'm done being offended by portillos (he says shaking his head in awe).

We could always go to Ruth Chris steak joint, I can afford tap water there.....no ice of course I'm not made of money.

Do we have a head count? Assuming all out of towners will be in the greater Hoffman/south barrington region accommodations?

Two of us from Historic BBQ will be there later on Thursday (probably 10pm at the earliest, we are driving from Ohio).

This is our first class before our first competition session.

Looking forward to meeting everyone!

I was wondering if you guys received any info for the class i.e. timeline, start and finish times, what to bring?

I'll be emailing everyone today Andrew. The quick version is start at noon Friday and go until dinner time, eat smoked prime rib, come back Saturday at 7:30 and go until we're done, usually 2:30-3pm. Bring pen and paper and a camera if you want. You may want to bring your own personal refreshments as well.

Just wanted to follow-up on you out-of-towners to see if you wanted to meet up Thursday night. Let me know your thoughts. Just got done finalizing things at Cabelas for this weekend's class. I'm really looking forward to meeting with you all.

Back