THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I have had a few people that signed up for the class ask about some travel arrangements. Although I'm not a travel agent, I did do some poking around at available options which would best benefit any classmembers. If I can get a count on heads, maybe I can arrange for a block of rooms at the Marriot because it is so close. Otherwise I included what my preference would be from personal experience.

View attachment 74317

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Rub
With time nearing and seats filling up, don't hesitate to get a seat to this class. With a recent track record like Rub's, it's hard not to get excited about this opportunity. Look forward to meeting all those who will join me in this class and maybe we will meet again in some local contests up on stage from applying all that we learned :grin:.

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
With only 7 weeks left before class begins, don't be the one that misses out on this opportunity. For those of you who cook on a Yoder Pellet cooker and want to learn more about it's capability, sign up today. This is one of the cookers Rub chose to cook on for the class.

With just a short bit of time before Swamp Boys Comp Class Chi-town style gets under way. Some Brethren were curious if others were coming in town Thursday night and wanted to get together for dinner and some drinks. Anyone interested feel free to chime in.

With just a short bit of time before Swamp Boys Comp Class Chi-town style gets under way. Some Brethren were curious if others were coming in town Thursday night and wanted to get together for dinner and some drinks. Anyone interested feel free to chime in.

Did I tell ya about the time I said "no" to drinking an eating with interesting BBQ chat.... of course i didn't because it wouldn't happen. I'd be in.

Let me know when and where and if I am available I'll be there

I know Ron will chime in here but between O'Hare Airport and Hoffman Estates, Johnnies Beef is by far #1 choice in Arlington Heights right off the highway, or Buona Beef, not too far from all the hotels. Don't forget about experiencing your Deep Dish Pizza or Chicago Dogs. Come to think of it...I'm surprised Chicago's not the "Fattest City" in the US. Other than food and corrupt politicians, what do we have?

Since us in town people can eat here all the time, Thursday night for you out of towner's that want to grab dinner and some drinks, what "dish" or place do you want to experience or just a simple sports bar with cheap drinks? If I get an idea of a count, I can try and set something up and get a "group" pricing if it's known in advance.

As long as no one says portillos or Gino's east I'm in. East Dundee Emmett's for the beer lovers? Penny rd pub about as close as we could get, wool street downtown not shabby or the dreaded woodfield area.

forget all that deep dish tourist pizza..Village Pizza is not too far from Cabelas ..north of 90 on Route 25 in Dundee ..best in that area IMO..traditional THIN crust Chicago pizza
would agree on Buona beef (for a chain not bad)for that area as well..there is one on Higgins (72) and Barrington Road not to far from Cabelas either
Bottom line where you guys are going to be at is pretty much food chain wasteland like most of the suburbs of Chicago..unless you get closer to the city border or the city itself.
Im not in the class but wouldnt mind joining up with group for dinner depending on time and place

I would have to agree with Johnnie's Beef. Although Portillos is very good( you heard me Corey). Depending on time/place I should be able to make it.

Back