THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was at HD last night and they were STACKED with Kinsford 20lb. double packs. I mean about 20 pallets, two high. Still regular price for now. I hope you're right about the 7.99. That would be sweet. :cool:

Update 5/23/2011: It seems that Walmart only shipped 20 pallets of the one-time-offer deal to each store and most are nearly out or are completely out of stock of the 2 pack of 16.6 lbs of charcoal. Rumor has it (thanks HDEmpInGA) that HD will have 2 20 lb bags for less than $8.00 (prob 7.97) total price starting Thursday. If so, that will be the best deal at 20 cents a lb. Also, Lowes deal is supposed to start tomorrow and we are expecting a BOGO for the 16.6 lbs at $8 or so. I'll post more when I see the ads.
Yup my walmart is probably down to 1/3 or 1/4 of what they originally had from looking at shelf space. I did my part and bought 3.

Picked up a couple of twin packs the other day at Wally World myself. Odd thing though. One end of the store had the twin pack for $7.50 each and the other end of the store had a single bag for $7.50 as well. :doh:

I just went to Lowes and they priced matched the Wal-Mart sale. I only bought 2 more bags as I had purchased some from Wal-Mart earlier this week.

HD deal confirmed by a guy on tvwbb that manages HD grill inventory and made the K order.

http://tvwbb.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1780069052/m/2051068416

Update 5/23/2011: It seems that Walmart only shipped 20 pallets of the one-time-offer deal to each store and most are nearly out or are completely out of stock of the 2 pack of 16.6 lbs of charcoal. Rumor has it (thanks HDEmpInGA) that HD will have 2 20 lb bags for less than $8.00 (prob 7.97) total price starting Thursday. If so, that will be the best deal at 20 cents a lb. Also, Lowes deal is supposed to start tomorrow and we are expecting a BOGO for the 16.6 lbs at $8 or so. I'll post more when I see the ads.

home depot thursday- ad release ...same as last year ... how i know?...i use to run it....bty; they are unloading it out the window across the street as i type :)

If Harbor Freight is near you, use a 20% off coupon to bring price down to $6.40!!!! That will be slick!! Home Depot takes these coupons all day long. There is even a printed 25% off that Harbor Freight gave me at store last week for 1 day only(Memorial Day). My Home Depot took the Easter one like that but ymmv at yours. Happy hunting.

brickie

If Harbor Freight is near you, use a 20% off coupon to bring price down to $6.40!!!! That will be slick!! Home Depot takes these coupons all day long. There is even a printed 25% off that Harbor Freight gave me at store last week for 1 day only(Memorial Day). My Home Depot took the Easter one like that but ymmv at yours. Happy hunting.

brickie

You like popcorn, Brickie?

I am the one and the same from AVS !!!

Cheers .. I don't hang around AVS to much anymore, but "pop" over every now and then. I think I joined over 10 years ago.

As a side note, yesterday I found some fabulous popcorn that is made about 1/2way between you and I, in Burlington, call Rojo. Ever try it??
(sorry for the thread hijack)

Never tried it...Don't eat as much because of health.In my best shape ever but popcorn is now a luxury.

And yeah, I pop in there from time to time,usually around the holidays."Internet world" is just as small as the real world, huh.

brickie

Okay sorry about off topic.

I went to two WalMarts in the North Dallas Burbs, and neither had the two bag deal on display. But, at the second store, a Lawn and Garden employee found them, on a top rack. He got a fork lift, and sure enough, they scanned at $7.50 for a two-bag bundle (16 pound bags).

So, if you can't find them, do some digging.

BTW, the Academy nearest me had single 16 pound bags for $3.99.

CD

Attachments

Same thing here BUT I scouted around and found the 2x16.6 packs for $7.50 hid back in the garden section .... try again ... I picked up 200 lbs this week and will go back for another next week

Yes, here in North Texas, WalMart makes you look for this deal. I found the 2X16 for $7.50 in Plano, thanks to a guy in Lawn and Garden who searched them out for me.

CD

I printed out a copy of our weekly add and took it back to Wal Mart and the lady at the register said they had to honor the add so she she rang me up for 12 bags at $3.75 per bag and as I was leaving one of the stockers came up to me and said they have the twin packs in the back of the garden center against the wall!! Funny how they put out the ones for 2-13lb. for 10.48 right at the door!!! Will be going back tomorrow for 10 more bags.

Lowes manager told me their special will be buy one get one free at 8.48 per 16 lb. bag. He also told me they would not price match the Wal Mart price. His reason "Our bags are not special shrink wrapped two packs like at Wal Mart and we can't sell you ours at 2 for 7.50!!" What a moron!

He's not a moron. Those twin packs are "special purchases" from Kingsford. Home Depot had them a while back, and now WalMart has them. Kingsford sells them to big box stores with deep discounts, in exchange for huge quantity purchases. It also helps Kingsford gain market share, by being competitive with off brands.

Stores probably would lose money trying to sell two individual bags for that price.

If the buyers at Lowe's HQ didn't buy into the twin-pack deals, they would be the ones who messed up, not the guy at the store who doesn't want to sell at a loss.

CD

Our Wal-mart hosed me on the 2 bag deal. Instead they only offered up single 16lb packs for the same price.

Went to Menards and picked up Royal Oak 18lb bags, 2 for $9.00. Still hoping to get in on the Wal-mart deal somehow. Here is what my stash from Menards has ended up looking like thus far.
mms_picture-25.jpg

Got 6 of the last 11 twin packs at my local wally world. Store employee had to track them down for me. They were on a pallet by the meat section. He said they only got 2 pallets and weren't getting any more in. Hopefully my HD will have a good deal thursday.

Back