THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ Bacon

is One Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Dean
A lucky co-inky-dink we made pizza last night for national Pi day. A local pizza joint here makes a delicious Chicken Bacon Jalapeno pizza so we tried to duplicate it. The kid actually went and got some of their dipping sauce so we can come as close as possible.

A little precook to get the dough cooked before adding the mozzarella.

Chicken-bacon-jalapeno-pizza-2.jpg

After spending a little time under the broiler the pie's looked amazing.

Chicken-bacon-jalapeno-pizza-3.jpg

Chicken-bacon-jalapeno-pizza-1.jpg

I also made a green onion boule and it made the house smell amazing.

Green-onion-boule-2.jpg

This time I filled the clay Dutch oven with water and let it soak for about 30 minutes before putting in the oven to pre-heat. Next time I'll soak the lid as well to see if that helps. The crust turned out great so maybe there is something to it.

Green-onion-boule-3.jpg

The taste was amazing.

Green-onion-boule-1.jpg

Does the local pizza place use regular pizza sauce on the chicken bacon jalapeño pie? If I see that on any pizza place menu (or the more preferred meatball bacon jalapeño) I order it. I've seen everything from pizza sauce to bbq sauce to Alfredo sauce on these pies in different regions.

Always looking to see how it's done across this country.

Does the local pizza place use regular pizza sauce on the chicken bacon jalapeño pie? If I see that on any pizza place menu (or the more preferred meatball bacon jalapeño) I order it. I've seen everything from pizza sauce to bbq sauce to Alfredo sauce on these pies in different regions.

Always looking to see how it's done across this country.

Was closer to an Alfredo sauce for sure.

Back