THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hurricanedavid

is one Smokin' Farker
Copper river King salmon is considered by many as the best of the best. I recently had a fresh fillet flown in from Alaska for a special family dinner.

Following are pictures of a cook with a leftover piece of the fillet. The aroma while cooking was unbelievable and words can’t describe the flavor profile. No side dishes for this meal, just planked salmon.

Thanks for checking it out.

Last edited:
Costco has had it lately (copper river salmon). Just did a couple of fillets in the smoker the other night.

Yours looks excellent!

OMG That looks amazing Love cedar plank salmon What did you put on it and how long was your cook Did you put the salmon and the plank on the Egg at the same time

I season the salmon fillet with first EVOO and then a generous coating of PotLatch Salmon Seasoning, sold by William-Sonoma.

The salmon rested on the plank skin side down the entire cook. The cook lasted about 20 minutes at 500F (2 Old Fashioned) and a significant amount of cedar smoked permeated the fillet during that time. I used a spatula to remove the finished product as skin stuck to the plank.

Last edited:
Back