THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beerwolf

Take a breath!
As luck would have it... I was 'volunteered" to do the meats for my HS reunion. I am planning on Chicken/Pulled Pork/Tri tip OR Brisket.

In trying to figure the quantities... what is a good SWAG number to yield a serving? At present I have no idea of quantity attending.

Pork question. I am planning on smoking over nite, pulling in a foil pan and covering, keeping warm on large charcoal grille with addition of apple juice or more red sauce... is that how you pros do it?

The beef I will cook, foil in cooler and pull as needed?

Any thoughts are appreciated, as I tend to bite off more than I can chew.

As luck would have it... I was 'volunteered" to do the meats for my HS reunion. I am planning on Chicken/Pulled Pork/Tri tip OR Brisket.

In trying to figure the quantities... what is a good SWAG number to yield a serving? At present I have no idea of quantity attending.

Pork question. I am planning on smoking over nite, pulling in a foil pan and covering, keeping warm on large charcoal grille with addition of apple juice or more red sauce... is that how you pros do it?

The beef I will cook, foil in cooler and pull as needed?

Any thoughts are appreciated, as I tend to bite off more than I can chew.

Will be easier when you get a head count - 4 oz per person for meat is a basis most use, and modify for multiple meats. So Ezzy's calculator has never let me down when working up quantities. I would do brisket instead of tri tip, based on cost. Chicken is best done by the piece. Overnite cook on pork is fine, but use a Cambro or cooler to keep it warm until serving, and then transfer to chafing dishes for buffet service.

Have you considered having attendees pre-order their meal in order to get a better handle on amounts and prep? Or possibly just offer a standard meal of pulled pork and chicken with sides? You'll get a lot of good help here - Best of luck!

C Rocke: Thanks for the insight on the calculator.. we are planning this all online so it will be perfect

MAB52: WTF with the "Bump"

Back