Carolina/South East bash

This is what I have for everyone so far
This is what we have so far
Me 4 butts, 8 racks of ribs, tri tips( split between me and cabo)
Wendy ( my wife) Pasta salad
Grilla brisket and apple cole slaw
Sammy some spatchcocked chickens
Lantern apple pies and paper goods, cups, and plastic ware.
Lighter Fluid some local sausages.*
Dwfisk buns for sammichs.

Beverages are byob, there will be the ceremonial cabo provided by cabo, just remember red cup or koozie it!

If anyone wants to add anything feel free we will have enough smoker space. Only thing I dont see listed is paper plates.

We will definitely do a live thread Toast!

This is what I have for everyone so far
This is what we have so far
Me 4 butts, 8 racks of ribs, tri tips( split between me and cabo)
Wendy ( my wife) Pasta salad
Grilla brisket and apple cole slaw
Sammy some spatchcocked chickens
Lantern apple pies and paper goods, cups, and plastic ware.
Lighter Fluid some local sausages.*
Dwfisk buns for sammichs.

Beverages are byob, there will be the ceremonial cabo provided by cabo, just remember red cup or koozie it!

If anyone wants to add anything feel free we will have enough smoker space. Only thing I dont see listed is paper plates.

We will definitely do a live thread Toast!

I'm also gonna bring a bunch of chicken wings and try out the new Oakridge jerk rub/seasoning:thumb:

You bringing enough wood for all smokers. Being that they don't want any outta state wood. Also have we settled on what's cookin on Friday night. Who needs to bring what? just making sure I have everything.

Alrightythen!!!
So far I’ve got 2 bottles of Cabo (1 Anjeo, and 1 Reposado) there’s always room for more:thumb:. They are in the freezer now). Personally, I drink Cabo without salt, lemon, or lime. In my opinion it’s that smooooth!!! I picked up some shot glasses, Solo cups, 40 plates, knives, forks, spoons. If you need (want) lemon, or lime, let me know. I called my butcher last week and he said call him Monday, and he would have the meat for me on Friday to pick up. From the direction I’ll be coming from (Lexington) there’s a pretty big grocery store on the way. That’s usually where we stop to get ice, and whatever else we need. Umm, ya know Fatties might also be a good munchie, or breakfast food!?!?
I’M STOKED & READY!!!!:clap2:

Alrightythen!!!
So far I’ve got 2 bottles of Cabo (1 Anjeo, and 1 Reposado) there’s always room for more:thumb:. They are in the freezer now). Personally, I drink Cabo without salt, lemon, or lime. In my opinion it’s that smooooth!!! I picked up some shot glasses, Solo cups, 40 plates, knives, forks, spoons. If you need (want) lemon, or lime, let me know. I called my butcher last week and he said call him Monday, and he would have the meat for me on Friday to pick up. From the direction I’ll be coming from (Lexington) there’s a pretty big grocery store on the way. That’s usually where we stop to get ice, and whatever else we need. Umm, ya know Fatties might also be a good munchie, or breakfast food!?!?
I’M STOKED & READY!!!!:clap2:

Sounds like the tequila is well covered, I'll focus my attention on premium bourbon:becky:

I've got the wood covers grilla! Is there a preferred split size? I'm planning on breaking some down Monday. Im bringing red oak, hickory, and cherry.

I'llbring some fatties for fattie egg and ccheese breakfast sandwiches.

Friday let's plan on burgers and dogs. Picked up a jumbo Joeto grill on. II'll bring 8 burgers and a pack of dogs, you bring the buns? I'll also bring condiments.

I've been waiting to chime in on being able to come or not, and looks like I'll be working or atleast on standby. It sucks that I want be able to make it. Lots of folks I would like to meet and see again. I'm sure y'all will have fun so be sure to take a bunch pictures so I can atleast see them. Maybe next time it want be so dry and I want have to work.

Man it sux that you and awscwi can't make it. You guys are not only Brethren and friends to me but actual brothers. Maybe we will get pounded with rain this week and both of you will get off! So ironic that 6 months ago we were feeding displaced flood victims and now it is so dry!

You left me out on your latest list. We'll have baked beans and tater salad. I will also bring a cooler of ice both days and will put paper plates on my list. Don't forget to send me a Costco list for anything that you need.

That will be perfect Joe! If you want grab us some paper towels. Sorry about leaving you out of the last list. Been working 6 out of 7 nights a week so I'm a little loopy!

Also we are going to have a little raffle at the bash! Dwfisk is making a griddle for 22 inch kettles and I'm putting in a 32oz jar of Swamp Boys bbq sauce and a 14oz jar of Yardbird rub. A 5 dollar ticket purchase gets one chance, BUT you can buy as many chances as you like. All money raised from this will be donated to Phil's NY Fleet week cook under the name of the Carolina/Southeast Bash! So bring some extra cash guys!

Also my dad is coming and he's bringing a homemade mac and cheese to smoke!

Last edited:
Also we are going to have a little raffle at the bash! Dwfisk is making a griddle for 22 inch kettles and I'm putting in a 32oz jar of Swamp Boys bbq sauce and a 14oz jar of Yardbird rub. A 5 dollar ticket purchase gets one chance, BUT you can buy as many chances as you like. All money raised from this will be donated to Phil's NY Fleet week cook under the name of the Carolina/Southeast Bash! So bring some extra cash guys!

Also my dad is coming and he's bringing a homemade mac and cheese to smoke!

Trying to post some pictures of the griddle but Photobucket is being an arse, maybe later. Everybody that is at the bash gets one ticket/chance on my tab but like Blythewood said, you can get more for $5 each. Picture when the internet gods allow them.

Just a reminder, I don't have a portable smoker. I want to contribute in any way that I can. I hope you are counting on me for anything that I can purchase and bring down. I can be there around 11:00 on Friday and Saturday. We cannot stay over, will be there all we can. We have an animal that we can't leave overnight.

Please let me know what you are thinking of for me to do. In addition to bringing stuff, I can offer some labor as well, considering that I'm 71.

We will be there between 1-3 friday since wife is working a half day. Friday nothing going on too much but grilling some burgers and dog for dinner and setting up the campsite. Will takethe smoker over to the ccovered area that evening and park it so I don't have to do it early in the morning. Sammy is also dropping his trailer off Friday afternoon. Feel free to ride down for the afternoon Joe, just didn't want you to get there before any of us arrived!

Back