THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

airedale

is one Smokin' Farker
My first smoker was a Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault, bought used. I had some troubles with it and ended up calling CC, who sent me a new LP burner at no charge. For a guy who wasn't the original purchaser.

Like in most cases, the first thing you buy just teaches you what you really wanted, so next I bought a SmokePro DLX 24 Pellet Grill. It worked like a dream and had several features that Traeger doesn't have, like a fire cup cleanout without taking the grill apart.

I have been lusting over their Sear Box accessory but at north of $200 I didn't buy. Last week CraigsList gave me a brand new sear box for $100. Pretty good.

So ... getting to the point here, the Sear Box kit included an LP bottle handing bracket, one of two styles that CC makes. The wrong one, of course. So I just got off the phone with CC and the nice lady is sending me, for free, the other bracket despite knowing that I am not the original purchaser of the product. Attagirl! Camp Chef definitely has the right attitude on customer support.

Love it!!! I have a 6 burner CS griddle that sees a TON of use. Great products!

When I had my 4-burner CC griddle, I had to make a couple of warranty calls as the welds on the pins for the shelf kept breaking. The CS was always great.

It's just as important to share great CS stories as opposed to just the poor ones.
Thanks.
Ed
Yes. That's why I posted it.

IMO the internet has substantially increased the quality of customer service across the board but in a lot of ways it is also cruelly unfair to vendors, since it is the unhappy and often unreasonable customers whose screaming rants seem to be in the majority.

Back