THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Been a short while since I tossed anything up here :crazy:. Got a few butts and about 10lbs of boneless thighs to cook and reload my freezer.

Kroger randomly had butts for $1.5/lb so was cheap enough to buy a few. Got the thighs from an asian market for $2.19/lb which is not too bad either.

LCWWAl4l.jpg

I fired up my 5 series pit boss, but it got some moisture in it so was jammed and then just went with my Laredo. I keep the 5 series covered outside, but if I don't use it enough or empty pellets it can happen so I'll chisel that out later today :becky:.

Oh and I might order a Grilla Chimp. My Pit Boss tailgater that I've used and abused seems to finally be dying and looking at a nice upgrade. Saw one person here KORND4WG X got one a few years back and looked nice along with all the chimp videos online. So we'll see.

Anyways happy Friday!

Packin' those thighs pretty deep. Never tried that. That cooker full will put a dent in your empty freezer space for sure!

Curious about cooking those thighs in a pan like that. Do you get smoke flavor? How does the skin turn out?

Knowing you, I had no idea what to expect with just the word "chimp" in the title, but let's just say I'm relieved it was a grill you were talking about. Smoke on, brother.

I was thinking the same thing about the Chimp. They have caused a fair bit of mischief on this forum in the past...

Packin' those thighs pretty deep. Never tried that. That cooker full will put a dent in your empty freezer space for sure!

Curious about cooking those thighs in a pan like that. Do you get smoke flavor? How does the skin turn out?

These are boneless skinless and how I pretty much always do it for pulled chicken. I might not pull all of it thought.

It's about 1 layer of thighs, they are bunched together tight so they appear to be multiple layers.

I'm running 300 and will toss them around 2 different times during the cook so they get good smoke and I can collect juice to put back in at the end.

These are boneless skinless and how I pretty much always do it for pulled chicken.

Ahhh....Pulled chicken. Makes more sense now. Do you use any bbq sauce before serving? Sometimes plain is better if you use the right seasoning during the cook.

What'd I miss?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

It's a long story...but if you do a search for "chimp" in WP there will be many clues. It started back in 2012 or thereabouts, I believe.

Ahhh....Pulled chicken. Makes more sense now. Do you use any bbq sauce before serving? Sometimes plain is better if you use the right seasoning during the cook.

I add in extra rub and juice in when I pull it and seal. So it has solid flavor when I heat up the bag. People can add whatever they want after.

But I have presauced a few times. Works great too.

Back