THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

jlewis007

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Name or Nickame
Jerry
I am planning on making smoked burnt ends this week.* Is it better to separate the flat & point before or after smoking it? I've seen recipes that state to separate the point & flat before smoking.* However, does that negatively impact the flat when I smoke it?* I just want to make sure that the flat doesn't need the fat between it and the point to help keep it moist.**

I wait until the flat is tender and rest the brisket a few minutes. Then remove the point, re-season lightly and return it to the smoker, and wrap the flat to go into the hot box. After an hour or more, I'll cube the point and proceed with burnt ends.

Hint. I you use the backside of a knife to start the separation you run less chance of cutting into one of the muscles. Sometimes they slip apart will little or no effort.

Here is an example of what I was talking about, go into the seam with the back of your carving knife.

7NG7H.jpg

What third eye said above is the easiest way for me to do it. I’m not good at separating them prior to cooking. I always hack into the muscles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back