THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
The carne asada combo burger. :mrgreen:

I had leftover, queso fresco, refried beans, salsas from previous cooks and didn't know what to do with them. Had leftover 80/20 also so I figured I'd make a different kinda burger.:clap2:

Formed the patties

QQBeEFsh.jpg

Over cowboy southern style lump

OtphiBqh.jpg

Toasted pretzel buns

R3qRxAFh.jpg

Mayo on both buns with refried beans, tomato

plCBHFZh.jpg

Onions and cilantro

uK9FO85h.jpg

A nice sized patty

8ctoCbJh.jpg

Queso fresco

FIfRQjmh.jpg

Red and green salsas

xFs2xjHh.jpg

Oh and extra beans :clap2:

t3TKOXyh.jpg

Super happy with the end product :nod:

9onRWwBh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

That’s NUTS!!!

You could line people up at a food truck with that!

Well, yet again you've proven that creativity is part of being a great cook. Looks like its a couple of cold beers away from perfect.

Heck yeh, I get that one.

Question, could the Queso fresco ?Cottage cheese? be made from goat milk.

Thanks Titch!

I don't see why not. Just looked into it and seems like traditionally goat milk was also used to make em.

WOW Now that is a creation to be proud of :clap
Too bad you did not cook that today would be a great TD entry

Last edited:
Sako, you had me concerned when it took so many pics before I saw any cheese, excellent looking burger! How is the pretzel bun? Never tried one.

Sako, you had me concerned when it took so many pics before I saw any cheese, excellent looking burger! How is the pretzel bun? Never tried one.

Thanks Joedy!

Cheese a must on all my burgers. :mrgreen:

I love pretzel buns. These are chewy but soft on the inside and I love the malty flavor and scent of a good pretzel bun. These are so good that sometimes I'll just eat the bun by itself.

Also they hold up well and don't crumble or disintegrate when you load up the toppings or any liquids like the salsas I put on this one for example.

Back