A Buddy And I Went Up To The Cabin

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Sako
I get to my cabin, back in my truck down the driveway and I notice something is def wrong. My front door wide open :shocked:

iKInoPjh.jpg

Grab my buddy and we went trough the whole house and cleared everything. Back sliding door closed but not locked, kitchen window and a few other window open. The fark??

gink3hoh.jpg

Did a little investigating and doesn't seem like a break in. Everything is inside, window screens in place and untouched etc etc. I automatically call my cleaning lady. Seems like she thought she locked everything but apparently not. She swears it wasn't her (she's the only one that has a spare key) but I'm certain it was her. Just for security I changed all the locks and got down to business :clap2::

Had other plans but after the unpleasant surprise I did burgers :clap2:

80/20 patty dusted with BPS Little Louie's :nod: Excellent rub!

v9CvRlgh.jpg

Cooked in the WGA

uaukVReh.jpg

Toasted brioche buns

Hj36tOCh.jpg

You gotta getchyaself Tillamook products if available in your area

mNZDJIfh.jpg

White cheddar on top of provolone :nod:

24m6N2yh.jpg

The usual suspects

PSIwTcCh.jpg

pFMKHAVh.jpg

Couldn't decide Gent Jack or beer so fark it how about both? :becky:

Xmt2tlOh.jpg

How I personally like a burger

wTQEr7oh.jpg

k7CKnCuh.jpg

Some of you are probably wondering "What about your buddy?" Guy had your back. He said just get me some Hoppe's CLP and were even. :mrgreen:

LGWXjfVh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

So glad to hear that it was nothing as serious as it could have been. Glad to see that you didn't lose your appetite from all the excitement. I like your buddy!

Nice recovery !!!!!!

Looks good Sako and glad to hear all was fine.

Glad all went well. You and I share
the same friends.

Thanks guys!

Still a mystery to me. Doesn't make sense because I had the same cleaning lady for ever who goes in regularly since I don't make it up much. I think she farked up but I suppose it happen? My concern was the wildlife that could've got in but other than flies I didn't notice anything strange. No one else came back if anyone was in here. I'm going to spend a couple nights here.

So glad to hear that it was nothing as serious as it could have been. Glad to see that you didn't lose your appetite from all the excitement. I like your buddy!

Thanks Ron!

Hard for me to lose appetite really. Don't like that kind of excitement for sure.

No better feeling than clearing a room, followed by a perfect burger

Amen! Nerve racking. Especially going underneath the beds and checking the closets.

Shoot! Glad to hear all was well.
Good lookin' burger Neighbor!

When I leave for a day or two I wad up 21&change and leave it where it’s immediately seen when we walk in. We also leave pinesol or Clorox or something in clean toilets. Human habit to flush and criminals are known for leaving gifts. Some send minions on scouting trips with cell phone cameras. Check window locks. I knew a burglar who house sat for close neighbors. He would unlock windows and return and enter through a window. Even though he had a front door key.

That being said. My mother had a housekeeper that when she’d bring her grandkids she was so distracted by them she would leave and leave things open, items in middle of floors etc. She eventually let her go as her grandkids showed up more frequently.

I am sorry for your scare.Glad it turned out O.K. Can NEVER be too careful in these times we find ourselves.The food looks outstanding and your choice of cheese and Tennessee Whiskey,well,they are STELLAR! :thumb:

So glad to hear all is well. It's still very unerving even though you had your buddy with you. I had a very similar situation long ago while still at home. It turned out to be brother's gf stopped by and left everything open. Another in my home but, not so innocent. Took cash and fine cigars. So I told all the neighbors and all their responses were oh ya, there have been serval breakin ins around the neighborhood. WTF thanks for the heads up. Very tastey looking burger and beverages, a bit therapeutic too

100% Adams. I really think it was an honest mistake by her and I gave her an earful. I think I'm more pissed on the so called private patrol that I always see in a rather small community. How do you miss a wide open door for days when you run up and down the street all day long. Shows that they're comfortable because it's quiet around here and that where riff raff/thieves usually target.

When I leave for a day or two I wad up 21&change and leave it where it’s immediately seen when we walk in. We also leave pinesol or Clorox or something in clean toilets. Human habit to flush and criminals are known for leaving gifts. Some send minions on scouting trips with cell phone cameras. Check window locks. I knew a burglar who house sat for close neighbors. He would unlock windows and return and enter through a window. Even though he had a front door key.

That being said. My mother had a housekeeper that when she’d bring her grandkids she was so distracted by them she would leave and leave things open, items in middle of floors etc. She eventually let her go as her grandkids showed up more frequently.

Back