THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why do people get excited for a gas station/store to be built?

I'm excited it's being built 12-14 miles away from my tent. 120 Gas pumps and a 75000 sq foot shopping. Across the Interstate is going to have a RaceTrack facility at least half as big and they take semi trucks, and a QT with guessing 25-30 pumps is almost complete nearby. This in addition to a very Large C-Store, regular gas stations and multiple full service truck stops within 1-3 miles.

Excited?? Hardly, just glad it's at the opposite side of town

Sorry Adams, the forum isn't letting me quote today, for some reason.

I meant my response to kurtsara. I adore the place. The Buc-ees Beaver is the mascot of my team at work, I use one of their logoed tumbers daily. And I do get excited about the place. I think once you go, you'll get the hype!

Sorry Adams, the forum isn't letting me quote today, for some reason.

I meant my response to kurtsara. I adore the place. The Buc-ees Beaver is the mascot of my team at work, I use one of their logoed tumbers daily. And I do get excited about the place. I think once you go, you'll get the hype!

I'm sure I'll get there. Don't know how long they normally take to build but have read they are over a year to build. So will be a while.

I have one about 10 miles from me.
Don’t go during a weekend midday, looks like a bunch of ants running around.
I do like their bulk DEF lanes and diesel at every pump. Wish ours had the car wash.

Last edited:
I have one about 10 miles from me.
Don’t go during a weekend midday, looks like a bunch of ants running around.
I do like their bulk DEF lanes and diesel at every pump. Wish ours had the car wash.

Bulk DEF lanes? Have never noticed. But every Buc-ees I've visited didn't allow big rigs?

The food is better than okay, the snacks are great, and toilets so immaculate they billboard the fact thirty miles out. I have never been impressed with their fuel prices. The branded and other store items are the draw for mama. The employees are almost too nice - probably get Prozac for free.

In Terrell it became the nidus for an enormous shopping and Hotel environ. I'll bet Terrell is swimming in tax revenues as a result. I see a quarter million high school stadium a'coming.

Yes, a couple lanes at one far end have DEF. Not for semis, but regular diesel trucks and RVs.
Not sure if every Buc-ees does but most do now days.

Back