Buc-ee's 🦫🦫🦫

why do people get excited for a gas station/store to be built?

I'm excited it's being built 12-14 miles away from my tent. 120 Gas pumps and a 75000 sq foot shopping. Across the Interstate is going to have a RaceTrack facility at least half as big and they take semi trucks, and a QT with guessing 25-30 pumps is almost complete nearby. This in addition to a very Large C-Store, regular gas stations and multiple full service truck stops within 1-3 miles.

Excited?? Hardly, just glad it's at the opposite side of town

Sorry Adams, the forum isn't letting me quote today, for some reason.

I meant my response to kurtsara. I adore the place. The Buc-ees Beaver is the mascot of my team at work, I use one of their logoed tumbers daily. And I do get excited about the place. I think once you go, you'll get the hype!

Sorry Adams, the forum isn't letting me quote today, for some reason.

I meant my response to kurtsara. I adore the place. The Buc-ees Beaver is the mascot of my team at work, I use one of their logoed tumbers daily. And I do get excited about the place. I think once you go, you'll get the hype!

I'm sure I'll get there. Don't know how long they normally take to build but have read they are over a year to build. So will be a while.

I have one about 10 miles from me.
Don’t go during a weekend midday, looks like a bunch of ants running around.
I do like their bulk DEF lanes and diesel at every pump. Wish ours had the car wash.

Last edited:
I have one about 10 miles from me.
Don’t go during a weekend midday, looks like a bunch of ants running around.
I do like their bulk DEF lanes and diesel at every pump. Wish ours had the car wash.

Bulk DEF lanes? Have never noticed. But every Buc-ees I've visited didn't allow big rigs?

The food is better than okay, the snacks are great, and toilets so immaculate they billboard the fact thirty miles out. I have never been impressed with their fuel prices. The branded and other store items are the draw for mama. The employees are almost too nice - probably get Prozac for free.

In Terrell it became the nidus for an enormous shopping and Hotel environ. I'll bet Terrell is swimming in tax revenues as a result. I see a quarter million high school stadium a'coming.

Yes, a couple lanes at one far end have DEF. Not for semis, but regular diesel trucks and RVs.
Not sure if every Buc-ees does but most do now days.

Back