Watt you say? Today is the last day.........

Juggy D Beerman

Full Fledged Farker
to purchase incandescent light bulbs that are rated above 45 watts. I prefer to use the clear bulbs rated 200 watt and 300 watt for lighting my basement. I use the LEDs as well but I prefer the clear ones in certain areas of the dungeon. My old porch lights use that old style of bulbs too as the protective covers for a regular old style bulb are too small for the new style LED bulbs to fit. I just love progress.......

As of midnight this evening, the higher wattage incandescent bulbs will not be legally sold anywhere. I can see it now. Some guy gets busted for selling the old bulbs and gets thrown in jail.He ain't gonna have much street cred. Here is an article explaining the new policy:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...rts-next-week-here-s-what-to-know/ar-AA1ewCrx

I don't mind the LED bulbs and have them throughout my home and shop as well. What I do not like is the claim that they last longer. We replace far more of these than we ever replaced the old bulbs, and they are far more expensive. It the long run I doubt I save any money buy using them even though the use less electricity.

Back