THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thaifighter06

Knows what a fatty is.
Hello fellow Farkers!

A few questions for you on this lovely Wednesday.

What is a decent price/lb for brisket? Where have you found is the best place to get one?

My local butcher shop, while awesome and family owned, charges $5.95/lb for brisket and $8.95/lb for Tri Tip.

I've been trying to convince my wife that we need a membership to Costco solely for the meat selection, but thought I would ask my brothers and sisters in smoke before I make the final decision. Thanks!

Hello fellow Farkers!

A few questions for you on this lovely Wednesday.

What is a decent price/lb for brisket? Where have you found is the best place to get one?

My local butcher shop, while awesome and family owned, charges $5.95/lb for brisket and $8.95/lb for Tri Tip.

I've been trying to convince my wife that we need a membership to Costco solely for the meat selection, but thought I would ask my brothers and sisters in smoke before I make the final decision. Thanks!
Meat prices vary so much based on what part of the country you're from and what is a good price for you may not be the same for me. Take Tri-Tip (a west coast cut) for instance: Out here in LoCal I just stocked up when they were on sale for #2.99 a lb. but are normally sold for anywhere from $4.99 to 6.99 on the high side. I hear on the east coast $6.99 is about as low as you’ll find it. My local Costco has Brisket flats for $6.99 and whole packer for $5.99. Now I would imagine that Brisket maybe be cheaper in Texas than it would be here in LoCal.

Yesterdays prices at my local meat emporium; Brisket 2.18 lb, Tri tip 4.27 lb, Pork butts 1.79 lb, Spare ribs 3.55 lb, Chicken(whole broilers) .88 lb

I buy 95% of my smokin' meat from Sams club. In Iowa, I can usually get brisket for $2 or $2.50 / lb. And if they have Prime it isn't much more.

If I remember right, brisket, select of choice was between $2.25 and $2.99 a pound, angus choice was $3.40 a pound. Tri-tip was $4.25 a pound or so. That is at the local bulk restaurant supply place.

If you have a restaurant depot near you, you can get a KCBS membership for $30/year and get day passes into RD (cheaper than a yearly membership to costco and sam's club)

I get my meat where ever it is onsale between Restaurant Depot, local grocery stores, and local butcher's shops.

Yesterdays prices at my local meat emporium; Brisket 2.18 lb, Tri tip 4.27 lb, Pork butts 1.79 lb, Spare ribs 3.55 lb, Chicken(whole broilers) .88 lb

dang I need to move to Texas it looks like!

Tri-tip is 8.99 lb, pork butts are 2.29 lb, baby backs are 5.99 lb and whole fryers are 2.29 lb last I checked

I get tri-tip for $6.99/lb at Sams, but I have to ask for ones that haven't been cut into steaks already.

Brisket for $2.49/lb usually for CAB packers.

At Wal-Mart near me packers are about $2.39/pound. Flats are as much as $4.99/pound and pork butts are about $2.29/pound

Back