THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Walzs are great people....we tease him about bringing a chain saw to cut his brisket.....then the farker hits top 10 with it at Hermann...there went that joke out the window! Include them and they will be fine!

Solidkick said:
The Walzs are great people....we tease him about bringing a chain saw to cut his brisket.....then the farker hits top 10 with it at Hermann...there went that joke out the window! Include them and they will be fine!

I haven't had the chance to meet them yet, Gary. Looking forward to it Friday!

Jeff, had fun watching you give that brisket a close shave. Barely remember that! Got a little fuzzy after that. Was glad to have the cooking over with so we could indulge and that we did!! Good luck to you and everyone that is coming to Columbia. See ya'all on Friday.

Okay, looks like I'm coming to Columbia afterall to help run for Rick of Smokin Mother Ruckers. I'll be there Saturday. Hope to meet a lot of you.

Well gentlemen (and Bob)... looks like I'm officially out of the alcohol festivities on Friday and Saturday. Doc put me on a Z-pack today. I've missed a day and a half of work out of the three this week and don't feel much better tonight. I'm just trying to fight this beyotch off so I can make it down at all! But I'm gonna have to have one foot in the hospital before I cancel and miss out on this!

Jeff_in_KC said:
Well gentlemen (and Bob)... looks like I'm officially out of the alcohol festivities on Friday and Saturday. Doc put me on a Z-pack today. I've missed a day and a half of work out of the three this week and don't feel much better tonight. I'm just trying to fight this beyotch off so I can make it down at all! But I'm gonna have to have one foot in the hospital before I cancel and miss out on this!

Who knows ... I might have to sacrifice and cook it on your behalf. Swoop in at the last minute. :twisted:

Get WELL!!!!

spicewine said:
I'd just like to see Andy Swoop!!!

That would be scary!!! But no chance of Andy showing up now. He and Matt(other half of Smoke on Wheels) will be cooking a catering gig Fri-Sat.

We will be visiting those teams out at DeSoto Friday evening. They are doing a chili cookoff for Kookers Kare. We are going to bring some homemade cornbread for those teams.

Good luck to all!:-D

Man, even Kim is bagging on me with you two! I am one swoopin SOB. Just ask the guy holding the empty bottle of crown royal.:shock: Bobby? Wayne? anyone? helloooo.......? heh heh :wink:

smknwhlswife said:
That would be scary!!! But no chance of Andy showing up now. He and Matt(other half of Smoke on Wheels) will be cooking a catering gig Fri-Sat.

We will be visiting those teams out at DeSoto Friday evening. They are doing a chili cookoff for Kookers Kare. We are going to bring some homemade cornbread for those teams.

Good luck to all!:-D

Kim's right - no chance for me now... this is charity cooking weekend. Just spent all day doing the united way charity bartender dinner for Breit's; doing the DU stuff this weekend. It's zoo central this month....

BTW, we'll have 20 loaves like these for the teams doing the Kookers Kare fundraiser this weekend.... Kim is a cornbread makin fool!!!!
S37001171.JPG

Things just got interesting around the Big Creek camp tonight... Taylor went to bed with a slight fever right at 100. If it isn't normal in the morning, she can't go to school and so Tammy can't go to Columbia! FARK! And I've been coughing my fool head off all evening. Thankfully tomorrow will mark 48 hours on the antibiotics so I won't be getting anyone sick at least. :roll: Better go get some sleep so I don't bonk tomorrow night.

EDIT: Her fever is 101.5 this morning. I'll be joining Rick in "Iron Manning it" this weekend unless she's better by Saturday morning. Leaving soon...

Last edited:
Where is this contest at in Columbia exactly? I need to get there tomorrow morning to help run for Smoking Mother Ruckers.

Plowboy said:
Where is this contest at in Columbia exactly? I need to get there tomorrow morning to help run for Smoking Mother Ruckers.
I PMed you my phone numbers this morning, but I guess I missed you...no shape to be on the PC last night....

Well....we did you brothers that couldn't be there proud on Friday night....Singing Bob and the MoKans, songbird FredBird and the Team Q guys, the Smokin' Walzs, Becky from Great Grills, the Sauce Barons crew, Jamey, Sweet T and the Mr. and probably a few more that I didn't mention were in rare vocal form....I'm sure several were thankful for quiet time at 11PM, but we gave it hell up to that point! What a good time! T said it felt so wierd to be there with all our friends and not be cooking, and I have to agree. Thanks again to all for their hospitality, and best of luck to all the teams. I'll check the board when I get home tonight for the results.

Via the grapevine I understand that Team Q! added another GC to the trophy table with Bubba and Jeff getting the RGC. Congrats to all!

We shall rebuilt it. Make it better than it was: Better, faster, stronger.

Time for version 2.0, Wayne! :grin:

Attachments

• Wayne_and_the_Machine1.jpg
    Wayne_and_the_Machine1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 85
You heard right, Jorge! It was a great showing for the Brethren. we had seven teams in the 23 team field and finished as follows:

1. Team Q
2. Bubba and Jeff
3. Great Grills O' Fire
5. Chick 'n Pig
6. Big Creek BBQ
10. MoKan Meatheads
11. Smokin Mother Ruckers

Damned near took the whole top Ten and probably would have if we had more teams competing!

Congrats to Team Q on another Grand. And Bubba and Jeff's BBQ... damn guys! You all have come from newb to reserve grand in one season! Great job! Lots of calls for Brethren teams but I'm too danged tired to go get my sheet and type 'em all. But suffice it to say we took a large majority of the awards (they called and paid through sixth place each category). A really nice contest is a good location. Cold as hell but fun. My first time ever not drinking a drop of booze at a contest (due to Z-Pack) and it was not fun. I learned one thing this weekend. I will never do a complete contest by myself again. That was like BBQ boot camp. I feel wiped out! Turns out Taylor has strep throat and Tammy wasn't able to come down at all. I made it through and didn't think about what I'd done until Spice came over and pointed it out. I guess I'm pretty proud of it but it REALLY made me appreciate how much Tammy means to me at contests! I missed her a lot!

Brian, thanks a bunch for staying around and helping me wrap up the loading! Hope you made it home safely.

That's a wrap for 2006 guys! What a great ride! Thanks to everyone for your help, advice and friendship!

Congrats to all. What a nice contest. Hat is off to aimee. some of the big contests could learn a few things from her. Skip congrats on the calls. You were a great neighbor. You can set up next to me anytime. I thought you were gonna take it all. Bubba and Jeff. you guys did great. Great cooks. I knew I should have brought a box of toothpicks for yall. Still kinda hurts being stomped by a couple guys with trash cans. LOL. amazing is all I can say. Jeff great to meet you. I too will not ever do a iron man again. After almost all 7s for appearance I realize how important my wife is to my team. A huge thanks to Todd (Plowboy)for helping run my boxes. I couldnt have done it without him. He has a spot in my camp anytime. its folks like him that show what this sport of BBQ is all about. I missed Cacroake at the meat heads. But ill wait for the album. TEAM Q great bunch of guys congrats. Glad I finally got to meet you. I gotta take a better look at one of them cookers. they are nice. Mark and Becky. You guys are true bbq ambassadors. As always it was a pleasure. Darrel and lawler. thanks for your hospitality. You guys are a lotta fun. sloppy good to meet you. Im forgetting some people but its beena long weekend. I feel like this is a speech at the emmys as it is. Lousy as we did it was a blast. I do want to thank the acadamy.(just kidding).

Rickwieser said:
A huge thanks to Todd (Plowboy)for helping run my boxes. I couldnt have done it without him. He has a spot in my camp anytime. its folks like him that show what this sport of BBQ is all about.

Are you kidding? I plucked so many 'secrets' yesterday that next year people will be saying "Great Grill O Who"? Pork Pullin Plowboys will be on the lips of ever man, woman and child. 2007 will be the year of the Plowboy. Look out people.

Back