THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Had a request for the slaw recipe again so I'll be redundant.

As you can see in this thread, I cheated and used store bought shreaded cabbage that had a wee bit of carrot cuz I was lazy. Normally I finely chop a medium head...

Ingredients:One head chopped cabbage - no other vegies!
1/2 cup vinegar
6 tbs sugar
6 tbs EVOO
2 1/2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp celery seed
1 tsp dried celery
1 ~ 2 tbs hot sauce to taste . (I've been using Sriracha lately)
Cooking Instructions:Combine vinegar, oil and other ingredients in a sealed jar and give it a vigorous shake. Pour over chopped cabbage and toss. Let sit in fridge for two hours or longer (Overnight if you can resist). Toss again before serving.

This will juice up quite a bit so you can use a slotted spoon to serve if you wish.

I think Redhot's become a BB convert off this one cook.:becky: I certainly liked them and would not mind cooking them again, but I think I still prefer spares myself. Plus, the BBs are so much more expensive.

OH YEAH, I'm a BB convert, that's for sure! The BBs are SOOOOOO worth the extra cost!
And Big Ron's HOH was a perfect balance, I didn't put any sauce on them which I usually do. Hmmm, perhaps that's because we usually have spares! :heh: Nah, HOH was just that good!

Just finding the time to look at all the entries for this throwdown!
Them BB look incredible Guerry! :thumb:
I seem to like them better then spares myself but then again like you said,
the price will scare me away most the time.
Im going to have to try making your Slaw.
That does sound good as well.

Looks farking great! Luckily for me I discovered Big Rons on another site, thinking 2 years back when they came in silver pouches. Hint of Houston is in my rotation nonstop.

Just finding the time to look at all the entries for this throwdown!
Them BB look incredible Guerry! :thumb:
I seem to like them better then spares myself but then again like you said,
the price will scare me away most the time.
Im going to have to try making your Slaw.
That does sound good as well.

Well now. I seem to be gaining a fan base in California for that recipe.:becky:
First gtr, then SirPorkAlot, and even Landarc said in someone else's thread that the slaw was killer. I do have to admit, it's the only slaw I've made since I settled on the recipe years ago, and when I tried the EVOO and Sriracha...:-D

Back