Big 10 Bash Roll Call and Info (formerly OSU vs Michigan Bash)

Yes........Perfectly well!!

Good luck! :cool:

In a couple weeks I've got a weeks vacation. The purpose of the vacation from "work" is to accomplish the "honey do" list around the house. I'm figuring that following completion of the garage remodel, so she can park her van in the garage, I will be in a perfect position to get something in return.

coming to a drive-in theater near you...

it's BBQ BUBBA and the MAGIC BUS!

coming to a drive-in theater near you...

it's BBQ BUBBA and the MAGIC BUS!

Sorta like this.........But not!!! :cool:

magicschoolbus4.gif

I'll bring my UDS and we can pull together the parts for another one. I've got a couple new tricks up my sleeve on an adjustable heat range. But that's going to the UDS thread.

I'm all for the hanging out. Don't take my enthusiasm wrong. I won't ruin the fun. In that case I'm definitely getting a keg of the good stuff maybe even the bourbon ale if we have enough people that like that kind of thing.

Some of us know Pat from Pat's Barbecue... He's trying to make a go of it doing catering and festivals, and he's got a festival in the area this weekend. It's in Spring Valley, not too far from the bash. If anyone wanted to run over to support him, it would mean a lot to him. There's also a place that has great apple dumplings at this festival.

I think this is Pat's last festival for 2008. If guys went over for lunch on Saturday, it would be pretty cool.

Btw, I added that about Pat because I figured most of the people that know him are in this thread in some way... didn't mean to hijack.

That is a great point Bull. I didn't put that in there did I.

Bring what you want to cook and eat. The idea is that it's a bash to compete with. There's a restuarant depot not to far from Rick's place. At least it doesn't look that far on the map.

I think for the competition spirit of it we should focus on standard comp fair - minus the chicken if that's ok with everyone. If everyone wants to do chicken then I'll do chicken too. But chicken is a foul piece of meat.

For the competition portion I say the best overall combo of what we decide to cook. If you don't want to compete because you're afraid that bubba will break out his gas powered brisket knife, he's going to be hurting the morning of the turn in.

I'm sure there will be fatties, and abt's, and baked beans. But I would say that no one should bring too much or enough to feed the masses. We'll all be cooking and be trying different things.

Alcohol: I may be able to get a keg from PA of Yeungling or KY of the bourbon ale(that will knock all of us out). I will rely on input from the group. Otherwise bring what you like.

Special Note: Tobacco related products are generally much cheaper about 20-30 minutes south of Rick in the Bluegrass state. I will most definitely be making a run there for that purpose.

I thought a bash was cooking eating drinking .....not competing...........

Some of us know Pat from Pat's Barbecue... He's trying to make a go of it doing catering and festivals, and he's got a festival in the area this weekend. It's in Spring Valley, not too far from the bash. If anyone wanted to run over to support him, it would mean a lot to him. There's also a place that has great apple dumplings at this festival.

I think this is Pat's last festival for 2008. If guys went over for lunch on Saturday, it would be pretty cool.

i'll be in cincy saturday for the reggae run...........

and it doesn't look we'll have enough people to justify my brother's band being here, so i'm thinking about canceling them.

Just so you out of towners know when getting to Ricks

THE RULES OF RURAL OHIO ARE AS FOLLOWS:

Listen up City Slickers !
1. Pull your droopy pants up. You look like an idiot.

2. Turn your cap right, your head isn't crooked.

3. Let's get this straight; it's called a 'dirt road.' I drive a pickup truck because I want to. No matter how slow you drive, you're going to get dust on your Lexus. Drive it or get out of the way.

4. They are cattle. They're live steaks. That's why they smell funny to you. But they smell like money to us. Get over it. Don't like it? I-70 goes east and west, I-71 goes north and south. Pick one.

5. So you have a $60,000 car. We're impressed. We have $150,000 corn pickers and hay balers that are driven only 3 weeks a year.

6. So every person in rural Ohio waves. It's called being friendly. Try to understand the concept.

7. If that cell phone rings while an 8-point buck and 3 does are coming in, we WILL shoot it out of your hand. You better hope you don't have it up to your ear at the time.

8. Yeah, we eat taters & gravy, beans & cornbread. You really want sushi & caviar? It's available at Jim's bait shop.

9. The 'Opener' refers to the first day of deer season. It's a religious holiday held the closest Saturday to the first of November.

10. We open doors for women. That is applied to all women, regardless of age.

11. No, there's no 'vegetarian special' on the menu. Order steak. Or you can order the Chef's Salad and pick off the 2 pounds of ham & turkey.

12. When we fill out a table, there are three main dishes: meats, vegetables, and breads. We use three spices: salt, pepper, and ketchup. Oh, yeah .... We don't care what you folks in Cincinnati call that stuff you eat ... IT AIN'T REAL CHILI!!

14. You bring 'Mary Jane' into my house, she better be cute, know how to shoot, drive a truck, and have long hair.

15. College and High School Football is as important here as the Cavs and the Knicks, and more fun to watch.

16. Yeah, we have golf courses. But don't hit the water hazards -- it spooks the fish.

17. Colleges? We have them all over. We have State Universities , Community Colleges, and Vo-techs. They come outta there with an education plus a love for God and country, and they still wave at everybody when they come for the holidays.

18. We have a whole ton of folks in the Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines. So don't mess with us. If you do, you will get whipped by the best.

19. Turn down that blasted car stereo! That thumpity-thump crap ain't music, anyway. We don't want to hear it anymore than we want to see your boxers. Refer back to #1.

20. 4 inches isn't a blizzard - it's a flurry. Drive in it like you got some sense, and DON'T take all our bread, milk, and bleach from the grocery stores. This ain't Alaska , worst case you may have to live a whole day without croissants. The pickups with snow blades will have you out the next day.

i'll be in cincy saturday for the reggae run...........

and it doesn't look we'll have enough people to justify my brother's band being here, so i'm thinking about canceling them.
if ya talk to me just right.....I might be able to get the Fromunda bros there:biggrin:

if ya talk to me just right.....I might be able to get the Fromunda bros there:biggrin:

my brother plays at the biker bar down the road tonight and i think i'll say cancel if you get a paying gig that night.

good one roger!

my brother plays at the biker bar down the road tonight and i think i'll say cancel if you get a paying gig that night.

good one roger!
I'll ask the guys if they would be interested.....you've seen the size of em....they'll do damn near anything for food:lol:

After this weekend I'll tally up the head count. I didn't think it was that small of a count. I know we've got more brethren in Ohio, MI, KY, IN, IL, PA. Maybe we need to have a small reach out... not to be confused with a reach around.

Back