THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would make a sign, rally some troops and go sit right on the edge of his business property and protest for your refund and use your signage to create bad publicity.

Call the local news stations and tell them about your story. Maybe it's just oklahoma cause we got nothing better to do but, local news reporters eat this sh.....crap up and will call him and pester him til he talks to them or your problem is resolved...

I wish u the best of luck...I've kept up with this thread and thoroughly disappointed for ya.

That stinks, but it sounds like once this guy pays for his pit, he'll have the money to send you the refund.

This guy has not held his word in 12 weeks. Why would he start now? He's just stalling for whatever reason.

Someone needs to drop the hammer on him.

I would make a sign, rally some troops and go sit right on the edge of his business property and protest for your refund and use your signage to create bad publicity.

Call the local news stations and tell them about your story. Maybe it's just oklahoma cause we got nothing better to do but, local news reporters eat this sh.....crap up and will call him and pester him til he talks to them or your problem is resolved...

I wish u the best of luck...I've kept up with this thread and thoroughly disappointed for ya.

It's Grandbury, Texas. Someone only drives by about once every 3 hours. :wink:

What's bad is my employer offered me a job cooking for private parties on sight on the weekends. They even offered to pay for the Pitt. I told them I would just buy the Pitt and they could pay me by the job. Was hoping to do this for a little extra money. But this was a complete kick in the nuts, now I have no interest in this at all.

Remember one thing, you did not create this issue, you are just the unfortunate person in it. Please keep your dreams alive. Giving up on what you wanted to do only admits defeat.

Move forward, not sure if your employer knows what is happening, but maybe they will put up the deposit on another pit so you can move forward and then you can pay them back when you get the money you are owed from ,,from,, I cant even say his name. Pursue your dreams, smile, order another pit from a reputable builder, get your deposit back and forget R&O

Actually there is quite a bit of traffic in front of his store. May be a small town but there is a lot of activity around it due to the Barnett Shale gas play.

What's bad is my employer offered me a job cooking for private parties on sight on the weekends. They even offered to pay for the Pitt. I told them I would just buy the Pitt and they could pay me by the job. Was hoping to do this for a little extra money. But this was a complete kick in the nuts, now I have no interest in this at all.

Come on, pull your head out and get your chin up! You got screwed by a jackass! Find another pit to buy and start cooking!

I could see if I can borrow one of my union's inflatable NYC Certified Rat's and ship it down to you
nyrat.jpg

That goes a long way when the media is involved.
Scabby.jpg

He's been in trouble for a while. He even put up a post on their FB page about rumors of them closing back in January. He has a business, means he has equipment, expensive equipment.

I read a story about a couple that foreclosed on a bank because it owed them a few thousand. Like, actually foreclosed. Showed up with the sheriff, their attorney, and moving trucks. Took their computers, filing cabinets, furniture, everything. Do it. He'll come up with the money somehow.

I agree, you're too far away with too much on the line to be patient or optimistic at this point. Time for more (legal) but pushy drastic measures. The switcheroo with the "check's in the mail" routine would definitely have been my last straw.

Then all the better to pay him a visit. Sounds like a good ass whuppin is in his near future.

On the internet, or in real life? In real life, showing up with that intent is probably a really good way to get dead. Granbury, Tx., a guy that has spent some time welding for oil and gas production, and again...IN TEXAS. Do the math on that one.

For those both participating and following along, I live and work in Texas. I've also been forced to chase a few clients over the years and spent more time than I'd like trying to get paid in court.

The OP has done EVERYTHING right in this thread. He let people know about his concerns and shared his side of the process. There is another side that we haven't heard. But, living in Texas and knowing more than a few cooks, his account isn't that different from some accounts I've heard in the past.

The OP has asked folks to cool their jets. That's a reasonable, and responsible request. He's the guy that is out $$, and has no pit to show for it. He's the guy trying to recover his money.

This forum has a long history of members, supporting other members. In this case supporting the OP means sharing relevant info and experiences if it might help him. It means offering moral support. It does not mean harassing an individual or his business. It does not not include libel or slander. It doesn't mean running to every BBQ forum on the internet to share a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th hand account of what's going on.

The OP has asked for some restraint. It's his $$ on the table. As a member in good standing I think he's owed that courtesy.

On the internet, or in real life? In real life, showing up with that intent is probably a really good way to get dead. Granbury, Tx., a guy that has spent some time welding for oil and gas production, and again...IN TEXAS. Do the math on that one.

For those both participating and following along, I live and work in Texas. I've also been forced to chase a few clients over the years and spent more time than I'd like trying to get paid in court.

The OP has done EVERYTHING right in this thread. He let people know about his concerns and shared his side of the process. There is another side that we haven't heard. But, living in Texas and knowing more than a few cooks, his account isn't that different from some accounts I've heard in the past.

The OP has asked folks to cool their jets. That's a reasonable, and responsible request. He's the guy that is out $$, and has no pit to show for it. He's the guy trying to recover his money.

This forum has a long history of members, supporting other members. In this case supporting the OP means sharing relevant info and experiences if it might help him. It means offering moral support. It does not mean harassing an individual or his business. It does not not include libel or slander. It doesn't mean running to every BBQ forum on the internet to share a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th hand account of what's going on.

The OP has asked for some restraint. It's his $$ on the table. As a member in good standing I think he's owed that courtesy.

Damn, Jorge. Does that mean I have to douse my torch and put my pitchfork away?!?!:drama::laugh:

Looks like I have to take this to court now he won't even return my text. Someone asked why I text him and don't call him it's because he quit returning my calls once I sent him a check. One good thing about texting is I have a record of our conversations. I don't understand how someone can do this to somebody this is no different than taking the money right out of my wallet. I am going to file a complaint with the better business bureau the Texas Attorney General and file a small claims complaint at the courthouse. Any other Ideas?

Put a lien on his property.

Back