THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hey guys thanks for all the help I think it's best if we give this thread a break. I think we have everything worked out. If it doesn't work out I will let you know and we can turn the heat up again. I think R/O builds a fine looking pit and I don't think Billy is crooked just not a very good businessman. Again thanks you all have been a lot of help.

No way, no how. The dude is at best a terrible businessman.

If you caved and let him talk you into removing your Farkbook post AND waiting for a smoker, you may be a knothead.:razz:

He got called on the carpet here for not being a stand up person, by you no less and now we're supposed to back off....:loco:

The dude's a cheat and if he hadn't got called out, you'd be put out of your hard earned $$.

Not trying to sound like a dick but now I see why he gives you the run around.

Re-read my post

I did re-read your post.. Since other people wont end the discussion I'll continue! I'm glad that someone posted a negative review in place of the OP. But no matter the circumstance The OP should of left his review up there for all to see.. It's pretty much like "oh hey I forgive this guy now since he saw our bad reviews and he contacted me". The OP's review was legit, and should never have been removed. Doesn't matter if some "random" person from the brethern posted a review in its place! That random person isn't the person having trouble with R&O Smokers

I would find the closest branch of the financial institution that the check is drawn on and walk in with check in hand hoping to leave with the cash in it's place.

Not sure how it works there but here if the check is denied for insufficient funds it is way better than a judgement. A judgement means you might see your money someday, a check that is not tendered because of insufficient funds is a direct ticket to court, if the funds are not presented it is a direct ride to jail, and you will get your money, it does not go away or get pushed to someday.:mod: They even suspend your drivers license until it is payed.

There is a work around the insufficient fund. I know a guy that runs a transmission shop that got a check for repairs done that bounced again and again. He finally got the bank to tell him what was needed to cover the check and he deposited enough funds to cover the balance plus $1. Cashed the check and got 95% of his payment. Better than nothing on a $2500 bill.

You removed your review from his facebook? Don't do that!! End of discussion lol

I did re-read your post.. Since other people wont end the discussion I'll continue! I'm glad that someone posted a negative review in place of the OP. But no matter the circumstance The OP should of left his review up there for all to see.. It's pretty much like "oh hey I forgive this guy now since he saw our bad reviews and he contacted me". The OP's review was legit, and should never have been removed. Doesn't matter if some "random" person from the brethern posted a review in its place! That random person isn't the person having trouble with R&O Smokers

Where did the OP say he deleted it? Probably the page owner.

Got a text this morning couldn't send my refund this week it would be after Saturday before he could send it. Some bs about a guy in Kentucky coming to pick up a Pitt. I don't know what that has to do with me getting my money back. But my review is back up and we filed for small claims court. This is ridiculous.

Got a text this morning couldn't send my refund this week it would be after Saturday before he could send it. Some bs about a guy in Kentucky coming to pick up a Pitt. I don't know what that has to do with me getting my money back. But my review is back up and we filed for small claims court. This is ridiculous.

YUP sure is........

At this point you've given him every chance to make this right with you, so hopefully you can get your $$ back and get a pit from a trustworthy manufacturer.

He's waiting for another deposit, so he can send your deposit back. Living hand to mouth most likely.

What's bad is my employer offered me a job cooking for private parties on sight on the weekends. They even offered to pay for the Pitt. I told them I would just buy the Pitt and they could pay me by the job. Was hoping to do this for a little extra money. But this was a complete kick in the nuts, now I have no interest in this at all.

It sounds like your employer must really like you and believe in what you do to offer to do that.
I hope you don't let this get you too down about something you love doing, and in humanity in general. You've done a great job handling, what I know from experience, to be a very disappointing and discouraging experience.

What's bad is my employer offered me a job cooking for private parties on sight on the weekends. They even offered to pay for the Pitt. I told them I would just buy the Pitt and they could pay me by the job. Was hoping to do this for a little extra money. But this was a complete kick in the nuts, now I have no interest in this at all.

Keep ur head up brother.. Everything will be a o.k !!!

That stinks, but it sounds like once this guy pays for his pit, he'll have the money to send you the refund.

Back