THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

45fan

Full Fledged Farker
My first two briskets were good but not great. I started this one at 6am and kept the temp right at 225 all day and it turned out Awesome!

5871447990_a4c80eec1d_z.jpg

Pork Butts turned out good as well!

5870892295_fb35eb3e4b_z.jpg

Thanks for looking!

The rub is Kosher Salt Flakes, Ground Garlic, Ground Onions, Pepper, Paprika, Cracked Rosemary, and Sugar.

It is actually a Prime Rib Rub made by Pappy's. I was looking for something with less sugar for the brisket and tried this on my last brisket. I was really happy with it.

The rub is Kosher Salt Flakes, Ground Garlic, Ground Onions, Pepper, Paprika, Cracked Rosemary, and Sugar.

It is actually a Prime Rib Rub made by Pappy's. I was looking for something with less sugar for the brisket and tried this on my last brisket. I was really happy with it.
My next guess was gonna be rosemary... or grass seed:-D. Thanks for sharing the rub ingredients.

Pappy's Prime Rib Rub is BOMB! I use it fairly frequently on steaks, as a dry rub for tri-tip, and I'm sure it was excellent on your brisket. Plus they're right here in Fresno, so it's a local favorite. It's funny, because most people like the original Pappy's on tri-tip and other beef cuts, but I think the Prime Rib Rub is a way better choice. I didn't know how far the distribution went, but good call on the rub :thumb:

All looks like it was fantastic. Always nice to feel that a certain cook was the "best!"

Pappy's Prime Rib Rub is BOMB! I use it fairly frequently on steaks, as a dry rub for tri-tip, and I'm sure it was excellent on your brisket. Plus they're right here in Fresno, so it's a local favorite. It's funny, because most people like the original Pappy's on tri-tip and other beef cuts, but I think the Prime Rib Rub is a way better choice. I didn't know how far the distribution went, but good call on the rub :thumb:
I thought by Pappy he meant his Pappy:doh: I spent a couple weeks in Fresno some years back and did a lot of eating, did Pappy's have a joint? Also hung in Turlock for awhile. Man do I miss the taco trucks you guys have out there.

I thought by Pappy he meant his Pappy:doh: I spent a couple weeks in Fresno some years back and did a lot of eating, did Pappy's have a joint? Also hung in Turlock for awhile. Man do I miss the taco trucks you guys have out there.

That was funny! I guess I was not real clear. :-D

Yep it is from Fresno, just saw it on the shaker. It is very good stuff and I can tell you that it makes it as far East as MO.

Back