THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I can give you a number and a contact to call. They could tell you everything you want to know about the meat. Some of it comes in pre-cryo'd and some is fresh butchered in house. You could probably select from what he brings in on Friday or you could special order weights and stuff.

I can give you a number and a contact to call. They could tell you everything you want to know about the meat. Some of it comes in pre-cryo'd and some is fresh butchered in house. You could probably select from what he brings in on Friday or you could special order weights and stuff.

Yeah a number would be good(just send me a PM)

We have these posted on our website which is in my sig, and you will receive rules in your welcome packet. Summarized, Open Garnish - You call it a burger - we believe you! , Pizza - pre-made dough, frozen dough, make your own dough, all ok. All toppings can be raw, preseasoned, or pre-cooked. The pizza's may not be pre-assembled, pre-cooked, delivery (duh) and must be cooked on site by gas, wood, charcoal, electric, solar, nuked, microwaved, or something else? Chef's choice can be anything. anything, anything. Just make it safe and edible. I think that should cover all the bases.

Any other suggestions would be welcome. Should we make the open garnish only open to edible garnishes? (no money or marking remember!?!?!?)

No cooking method restrictions on Chef's Choice - same as pizza?

Turn in containers? size? type? You provide? We Provide?

One suggestion - you should email the Grilling / pizza / chef's choice rule sheet to all the competitors prior to Friday so people have a chance to shop & plan before arriving on site.

Not everyone reads these forums.

Are you bringing your microwave? I'd say it should be a grill of some sort to be a grilling comp. I opened to electric for the forman's.

We are providing. Good question!

why not? They really should! :rolleyes:
So,,,it should (opinion) be done on a grill or it has(rule) to be done on a grill? The whole dish has to be done on the grill or only part of it? If only part, how much?

Burger turn it: How many burgers have to be turned in? (A lot of burger comps make you turn in 2 whole burgers) 1? 2? 6? 1 sliced into 6 parts?

Same question with Pizza - whole pie? 6 slices? 6 pies?

Turn in containers - standard 9x9's, larger or TBD?

I'm not trying to bust your hump, but people are going to ask.

Slamdunk pro-

Sorry I have not had any answers for you. I was admitted to the hospital the other day and have been recovering and doing followup Dr appointments.

I am talking with Ed about the grilling rules and working on developing answers to your questions. I will get these answers addressed ASAP.

Thanks!

Just wanted to post this message I received about one of our competitor's feelings about the competitors package from our meat sponsor...

"I called the meat place about the competitors package and all I can say is WOW. That is a super deal. All meat is fresh, has not been previously frozen which is a big deal to me. The briskets are select to choice and weigh in at 18-20 lbs. That is FANTASTIC!! Some folks prefer wagyu, give me a good XL (ecel) brisket any day over the wagyu. Butts and ribs are IBP or XL too. All good quality meat."

Just wanted to pass this along as it is very descriptive of what they were looking for and you possibly will be also. I won't post who this was and they can weigh in if they want but I thought this would help in the decision to purchase locally.

Thanks.

Slamdunk pro-

Sorry I have not had any answers for you. I was admitted to the hospital the other day and have been recovering and doing followup Dr appointments.

I am talking with Ed about the grilling rules and working on developing answers to your questions. I will get these answers addressed ASAP.

Thanks!

Hope you're feeling better!

Thanks. I am working on the feeling better part. Anyway we are at the 19 team mark with 2 more potentially from the vendors and sponsors and we are cutting it off at 25 so if you are on the fence-maybe decide which side you want to fall off on before someone else decides for you by taking your spot. Lol!

Ok, Im better (enough) and working again. I am building the awards and will be posting pics very soon this weekend. How is everyone else? I'm excited and feeling the pressure!

Im doing a back to back..Shrewsberry and Raystown, a first for me and Im freaking out...other then that Im cool...

Hats off to you man:clap2:I just cant do that yet, maybe next year

I have to cook 120lbs of pork Thursday night/friday morning on the 17th for a customer appreciation dinner.......then I have get to Raystown. Nothing like starting out in the hole on sleep before reaching a comp.....good thing the KCBS is on Sunday.

Back