THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ok.. so are we saying that a TV show about BBQ is going to influence a team to the extent that they unknowingly disregard the rules? that tells me that a new or rookie team is looking to a TV and NOT reading the rulebook.. if someone does that.. sorry.. IMO, they deserve the DQ. Its no different than reading a post here, or picking up a recipe in a book, and then doing it in a comp.. is someone going to turn in a baby back rib sandwich because they saw it here? someone fries chicken on the kettle... is that going to cause a ruckas?

NO WHERE EVER does that show say its KCBS, or anything that would mislead a team into thinking they are.... The only rule is get it in on time.

ok.. so are we saying that a TV show about BBQ is going to influence a team to the extent that they unknowingly disregard the rules? that tells me that a new or rookie team is looking to a TV and NOT reading the rulebook.. if someone does that.. sorry.. IMO, they deserve the DQ. Its no different than reading a post here, or picking up a recipe in a book, and then doing it in a comp.. is someone going to turn in a baby back rib sandwich because they saw it here? someone fries chicken on the kettle... is that going to cause a ruckas?

NO WHERE EVER does that show say its KCBS, or anything that would mislead a team into thinking they are.... The only rule is get it in on time.

Well said !!.. KCBS rules are readily available on-line, at the contest, and at the cook's meeting. No excuse for a team to not know the rules or have access to them. No pity from me if they unknowingly broke a rule.

Could not have said it better.

I'm willing to bet that it happens at least once or twice.

As a backyard bbq'er, I am thoroughly enjoying this season of BBQ Pitmasters-tips & tricks, drama, a bit of humor- & Chris, after watching your episode, I ordered your cookbook, & it's a winner! ( & I have lots of cookbooks, so I'm getting more selective)...

Something from this past Sunday's episode...the one with Diva and 2 Worthless Nuts...the guy from AK took his chicken out and put it in a pan and fried the skin. Are there any sanctioning bodies that allow this for competitions?

I believe KCBS allows this as long as the it is not deep fried. I think there was clarification that pan fried is allowed. It can not be fried on a gas or electric burner.

Most of the sanctioning bodies will see something, from the MM separated, to garnish showing up in no-garnish comps, etc. First timers and even a few 2nd and 3rd timers seem to refuse to want to read and understand the rules... They just do...

Great show this year. I was outspoken about Season 2, so I might as well say how much I enjoy the new format, probably even better'n season 1.

I have liked all of the bbq related TV shows. I just wish that they would have the teams stick around for more than 1 episode.

Back