THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

:shock:

I finally get a chance to log on and check out the TD thread. I see there's a "Tortilla" TD. Oh, yeah....I could do that maybe. Might have time this weekend to get in on it.

With THESE entries......maybe not worth the time since I was just thinking of throwing some BBQ in a tortilla....:roll:

WOW....great stuff everyone so far!
But....errrr.........Cheesecake enhiladas?:hail:

Al's Roasted Poblano Pulled Pork Enchillas

Still not sure this is worth entering with all the great dishes already but what the hey. If I get a goose egg on this one at least I didn't mean to. :heh:

First off a couple of the ingredients; please note the Poblano peppers are from our garden:

edit_preview.php

Put a good roast on the peppers:

imgp1391x.jpg

Pulled pork that I've had vacu-sucked and frozen:

imgp1394.jpg

Didn't get a shot of it but I sautéd the sweet onion and peppers with garlic in EVOO and chicken stock in the cast iron skillet on the grill. Once they were done, I layered the rice, beans, pepper jack and cheddar cheese, pulled pork, pepper sauté, black olives and a little green enchilada sauce on the tortillas (note the middle ones are shredded chicken instead of pork for my daughter):

scaled.php

All rolled up and ready to go. I put a little enchillada sauce in the bottom so they wouldn't stick or burn. Note the chicken on top of two so I can tell them apart. These went on the Traeger at 400 for about 25 minutes to cook through and crisp up the tortillas (can't stand mushy tortillas):

edit_preview.php

Here's the finished product garnished with rice, beans, avacados, sour cream, cheese, tomatos, extra pepper sauté, enchillada sauce and a couple tiny poblanos for show. We didn't put the enchillada sauce on till last:

edit_preview.php

Another angle (money shot):

edit_preview.php

Last shot:

edit_preview.php

I think they turned out pretty well and we really enjoyed them. Thanks for looking. :becky:

So my wife and I are once again hooked into the farking Food Truck Road Race.

Last Year I was wishing I could try something from the

nom-nom-truck-venice.jpg

So I figured out how to make my own banh mi

This Year I wish I lived closer to the Korean BBQ truck so I decided to do my best to create some Korean BBQ.

kotruck.jpg

This gave me an excuse to fire up the egg and make a Korean inspired pulled pork.

Ko1.JPG

Ko2.JPG

Ko3.JPG

Ko4.JPG

More to come

Looking at the Korilla menu I noticed they serve almost everything with kimchi fried rice. Never made this before so I'm not sure its quite right but it was darn tasty.

Ko5.JPG

Ko6.JPG

Next I need some Korean BBQ sauce (pears anyone)

Ko7.JPG

Ko8.JPG

And since this was a tortilla throwdown I decided to break out the rolling pin (no bed bath and beyond to buy a press).

Ko9.JPG

View attachment 57428

Ko11.JPG

All together with a little sweet cucumber and you get this

Ko12.JPG

Not sure it would compete with Korilla but it is about as close as I'll likely get.

Last edited:
Hey deguerre

I think I could get pretty close with the marinade/injection. The sauce I could give you the general direction I started with.

Back