THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Even though we get a lot of non-resident pressure on certain lakes and streams, I can still find spots all to myself.

DSC04083a.jpg

rod005.jpg

You are really bringing back memories! That looks like a lot of relaxing fun!!!!!!!!!!!

This will be my first attempt at smoked or grilled seafood so it's going to be an interesting learning experience for me. I love this place...:-D
Yeah, this one is pushin me to the limits as well. Looking ahead, it doesn't look like it will get any easier. I'm wishin I would have had entries for the beef and pork categories now.

Lotsa great lookin' seafood here. Y'all gonna have some close votes for sure.

Now here's fishing...none of those itty bitty bait sized trout pictures...

August 11, 2008. The Gallilean. Sat on a school of bluefin for 2 1/2 hours. I was the hot stick on the boat with 6 landed, one handed off and two farmed (--one left teeth marks on the sardine and one pulled the hook out--).

CIMG0747001.jpg

The contents of sack #18.

CIMG0750004.jpg

Sashimi for three days. Then loins marinated in soy/honey/wasabi for an hour and rolled in toasted brown and black sesame seeds and grilled one minute per side x 4 sides. Beautifully rare. Sorry -- no pics --- I know the rules, but I wasn't exactly thinking about you all when my eyes were rolling back in my head because it tasted so good!

Last edited:
Grilled Brook Trout

Picked up a nice Brook Trout, cleaned and season using Szeged Fish Rub.

DSC04336_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Rubbed in and out :shock: then coated lightly with evoo, slapped in a handy dandy grill basket and on to the Char-Broil Gasser a few minutes on each side.

DSC04343_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Plated on a bed of lettuce with a few backyard grown Grape Tomatoes, real (Insert Pun) simple and flaky.

DSC04350_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Picked up a nice Brook Trout, cleaned and season using Szeged Fish Rub.

DSC04336_Lo_Lo_Res.jpg

Nice fish. Out west, our brook trout are actually from the char family and have multi color dots. A 15" one is worthy of a wall mount. On the other side of the creek, a brown can go 10 pounds easily and lake trout can go 40+.

I love fishing and enjoy eating them too.....I cooked some trout from my freezer tonight.

DSC05899JPGa.jpg

Even though we get a lot of non-resident pressure on certain lakes and streams, I can still find spots all to myself.

DSC04087a.jpg

DSC04083a.jpg

rod005.jpg

That looks like so much fun! I feel the need for another camp trip.:cool:

Nice fish. Out west, our brook trout are actually from the char family and have multi color dots. A 15" one is worthy of a wall mount. On the other side of the creek, a brown can go 10 pounds easily and lake trout can go 40+.

This one came from...I have no idea where it came from! :-?

It was on ice at the market, looked about the right size to feed me and viola!

Haven t gone fishing since...wow...about 3 years! Need to hook-up (yes intended) with my team-members in the Good Old South for a trip, perhaps over the winter?

This one came from...I have no idea where it came from! :-?

It was on ice at the market, looked about the right size to feed me and viola!

Haven t gone fishing since...wow...about 3 years! Need to hook-up (yes intended) with my team-members in the Good Old South for a trip, perhaps over the winter?
Sounds good to me! Nice trout pron.

Here is my late Sunday dinner entry. bacon wrapped scallops marinated with Lowerys Tequila lime sauce, and a lobster split in half and brushed with butter. All grilled and served with jalapeno jelly that has been melted and used as a dipping sauce.

Attachments

• newest pics 174 (Small).jpg
    newest pics 174 (Small).jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 101
  • newest pics 177.jpg
    newest pics 177.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 100
  • newest pics 181.jpg
    newest pics 181.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 362
Fired up the kettle and dumped some stuff in the cast iron last night. Mussels, shrimps, scollops, herbs, and veggies a with simple seafood boil in some heavy cream for the sauce. Sure was fun and tasty! Looks like RTD's about got it covered. Anxious to see more throwdown pron.

Attachments

• IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1312.jpg
    IMG_1312.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 386
Very nice! Your pron ain't no slouch bro! :p This is gonna be a tough throwdown...I've seen some serious pron here! :biggrin:

attachment.php

Phil from Munkees Pit BBQ came by Saturday and dropped of some Pacific salmon that he just caught in Alaska, so I thought I'd put a little something together.
This is Thai-ginger rubbed salmon, with a Moroccan couscous salad & grilled corn with a Hoisin - orange butter sauce.

SeafoodThrowdownGrill.jpg

The raw product on the gasser. I just finished mowing for 3 1/2 hours, so I didn't fell like firing up the Weber. Lazy, I know.

Seafood1.jpg

Here it is served up, and I had to whip up a Mojito to go along with it.

Seafood2.jpg

Back