THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Perhaps a Mickey Dee's Fish Filet reheated and smoked on my DrumPit will suffice?:p Maybe throw on some Fries as well?:biggrin:

Ummm smoked fries. That sounds good. :biggrin:
Fried and smoked.

I'm Pretty sure Hogs can swim.

Exhibit #1
215_swimming_pigs_scale.jpg

Exhibit #2
swimming-piglet.jpg

Draw your own conclusions.

Self marinating pork??? What will they think of next:biggrin:

Ginger Marinated Shrimp w/Sesame Ginger Couscous

Ok, here is my entry for the Week 4 Seafood Throwdown.

Took some extra large shrimp (is that an oxymoron?) and marinated in some EVOO, lemon juice, fresh grated ginger, garlic, cilantro and wine. Speared them on bamboo skewers and grilled until perfect on teh old Weber gasser. Made a bed of sesame ginger couscous for the tired shrimp to lay upon until they were rudely awakened by the smacking of lips as my better half and I ate them up with a salad.

On the grill and on the plate. (it is obvious to me I do not have the photo talent of some of the guys on this board, imagine the focus is perfect!):wink:
100_1347.jpg
100_1348.jpg
Enjoy.

Jim

I'll get the 'ol ball rolling with tonight's dinner and this weeks Seafood Throwdown entry.....Fish Tacos.

Since I decided to go with soft warmed corn tortillas, I wanted some serious crunch and that meant regular grilling was out. This flounder was lightly sprinkled in flour which was seasoned with salt and chile powder, dipped in egg, then panko and started when I roasted the peppers in a 500° Egg.

Seafoodthrowdown2.jpg

It finished up while the peppers were sweating off their skins.​

SeafoodThrowdown1.jpg

Here are the first two, all dressed up and ready to go. The one in the foreground is mine; heavy on the green onion, radish and cilantro. The other one is Mrs ~t~'s, a little heavier on the cabbage slaw. Both got a squeeze of lime.​

SeafoodThrowdown3.jpg

Oh YUMMmmm! Those look delicious, the foreground one especially. Yep, missing the Corona. :biggrin:
SeafoodThrowdown3.jpg

smoked frogmore stew

first time trying this on the egg... each ingredient was first smoked on the egg, then placed in the stock pot on the coleman stove to simmer...

beer, water, red potato, onion, green pepper, butter, corn, sweet italian sausage, shrimp served with toasted baguette. dip the bread in the broth --> heaven! :biggrin:

808bristol3-010.jpg

808bristol3-017.jpg

808bristol3-026.jpg

first time trying this on the egg... each ingredient was first smoked on the egg, then placed in the stock pot on the coleman stove to simmer...

beer, water, red potato, onion, green pepper, butter, corn, sweet italian sausage, shrimp served with toasted baguette. dip the bread in the broth --> heaven! :biggrin:

The pot likker for sopping up is the ticket...... I'll bet the fresh somked sausage really helped tie everything together. PS... are you going to peel that shrimp before eating it?? :mrgreen:

My Meager Offering This Week

I decided to Dust Off The Weber Schlong Tube for this weeks SeaFood Throwdown and put it to good use.
weber_schlong1.jpg
I went to Market and bought 1lb. each of Lump and Claw Crab Meat and some of the Nicest Jalepenos I have seen in a while...I mixed the Crab Meat with Cream Cheese and Chopped Rare Mexican Kaskaskian Peppers(Thanks Ashmont) and Some Stubbs BBQ Rub for good measure to create.....
Atomic Krabby Buffalo Turds..
krabby_turds2.jpg
Smoked them on the Weber Schlong Tube with a mix of K and Lump with some chunks of Hickory for 2.5 hours...
This Shot's For You...
shot_o_turds3.jpg
Mighty Tasty.....:-D

Back