THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Here's my 2 cents for this week...your basic grilled boneless skinless breasts...:biggrin:

IMG_4786.jpg

IMG_4787.jpg

IMG_4788.jpg

Hold it Pardner!!!
Just cause you're ramrodding this throwdown you still have to play by the rules.... where is the picture of the cooker?? Of course you still have plenty of time to re-submit.

The rules just say it has to be grilled or smoked, not that there has to be a photo of the cooker.

Well I must not have noticed the changes from week 1. Look at the old rule 4. Hmmmm, no mention of no enhancements either....wonder if that changed too?

Here are the rules...

1) It has to be beef...duh! :roll:
2) It has to be grilled or smoked...(comp cooked meats are ok too).
3) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...
3) All pics or descriptions (if you don't have a digital camera) must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
4) 3 pics per entry max and one pic must contain the equipment cooked on. No photo enhancements alowed...(got that Rick...N8...:twisted:)

My Chicken: scratchnlick

Welp, here's my chicken for this week.

Out of the bag:
chicken02.jpg

On to the spit:
chicken04.jpg

Done:
chicken05.jpg

SCRATCH N LICK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwL6WBTk9t0

This was cooked (smoked) on my 55 gallon drum with a side mounted fire pit for three hours at a temp between 200 and 250 degrees.
I also used my roto.

Enjoy....

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I must not have noticed the changes from week 1. Look at the old rule 4. Hmmmm, no mention of no enhancements either....wonder if that changed too?

Here are the rules...

3) All pics or descriptions (if you don't have a digital camera) must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
4) 3 pics per entry max and one pic must contain the equipment cooked on. No photo enhancements alowed...(got that Rick...N8...:twisted:)

This week's rules do not include anything about photos of the cooker.. You have to keep up with the times!! :p

This week's rules do not include anything about photos of the cooker.. You have to keep up with the times!! :p

A barbecue throwdown without evidence of what it's cooked on?? :rolleyes: What would Bobby Flay say about this?? Oh, wait a dang minute...when he challenged Lee Ann Whippen all we saw was him towing a pit. :biggrin: Okay bad example.....

Man this is getting good. I can't wait to see what RCS and RTD bring out. It oughtta be good. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Hold it Pardner!!!
Just cause you're ramrodding this throwdown you still have to play by the rules.... where is the picture of the cooker?? Of course you still have plenty of time to re-submit.

Sorry J.D., you already have your 3 pic max.......:biggrin:

The rules just say it has to be grilled or smoked, not that there has to be a photo of the cooker.

I would expect the rules for week 1 would follow thru for the entire throwdown! :icon_cool

Here are the rules...

A barbecue throwdown without evidence of what it's cooked on?? :rolleyes: What would Bobby Flay say about this?? Oh, wait a dang minute...when he challenged Lee Ann Whippen all we saw was him towing a pit. :biggrin: Okay bad example.....

I understand everyones concern on this "equipment cooked on" issue. Let me see if I can clear up any misunderstandings...

"My show...my rules"...I can change them whenever I feel like it...get over it! :twisted:

Seriously now...I felt it was more about the "pron" than what we cooked it on. In order to conserve bandwidth for Poob I limited the number of pics to 3.

It's all about having fun...I didn't want to get all anal about it...beside...rules are meant to be bent...aren't they! :twisted:

No, turkey doesn't count! :)

And I agree on the 3 photo thing... If my best three photos don't include the cooker, I'd rather show my best 3.

Plus, a little conspiracy theory/controversy is always fun!

Chickens are about to come off the BGE... Then on to phase 2!

i hate it when people say "my two cents".

who's two cents would they be?

Phweew, I thought i was following RTD, whata relief! Heres my "BEER CAN BIKINI CHICKEN", ala Sledneck, stuck on a CoorLight Can I found in my cooler from my sisters house, dusted with Spicewine Hog and Hen dust and Dizzy Pig Jamacian Fire Walk. Served with a homebrew in a Brethren Mug (not in the picture, but on photobucket if anyone cares) along with asparagras and corn, with a baked tator. BTW, I NEVER DRINK LIGHT BEER so this was the best use of this lone soldier. Cooked on my WSM

Throwdown-Chicken008.jpg

Throwdown-Chicken011.jpg

Throwdown-Chicken020.jpg

Back