THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

since i'm not married to a photographer...

this week i'm just gonna describe what i cooked.

i cooked a chicken! :biggrin:

since i'm not married to a photographer...

this week i'm just gonna describe what i cooked.

i cooked a chicken! :biggrin:

Are you sure? Ya see how it works is...descriptions are for folks that have no digital cameras. We all KNOW that is not the case with you good sir. So...are you SURE you cooked a chicken? No pics...didn't happen! :twisted:

Are you sure? Ya see how it works is...descriptions are for folks that have no digital cameras. We all KNOW that is not the case with you good sir. So...are you SURE you cooked a chicken? No pics...didn't happen! :twisted:
Your being called out Rick........pony up! :wink: :biggrin:

dagnabit ! ok, i'm cooking 6, no 8 chickens on sunday!

P1000802.jpg

Now THAT's the Rick we all know and love! :p

Nice turn in box Russ...was that from Chehalis or are you practicing this weekend?

That was first place at Alki last year...It always looks dark w/my camara...

That was first place at Alki last year...It always looks dark w/my camara...

Well my brother...since you are new to the "light side" forum...let me hook you up with the throwdown rules...

Congrats on your "First Place" at Alki...LAST YEAR...but...all entries for the throwdown must be cooked during the throwdown week. Since you and Christine are Friends of mine...I'll give it an "honorable mention" in the vote thread :biggrin:

Here are the rules for ya...

This weeks challenge is..."Chicken"...:razz:

Here are the rules...(in case you forgot)...

1) It has to be "Chicken"...duh! :roll:
2) It has to be grilled or smoked...(comp cooked meats are ok too).
3) It has to be cooked during the current "throwdown" week...(Monday-Sunday)
4) All pics or descriptions (if you don't have a digital camera) must be submitted by 7:00 PM Pacific Time on Monday.
5) 3 pics per entry please...

The voting will begin on Tuesday...or whenever I (or anyone else) get around to posting the "vote" thread!

The winner (as determined by popular vote) will receive a very special prize (not sure what yet...).

Good Luck...and have fun! :biggrin:

Guess that will teach me to read the rules.... I have to practice for Salem this weekend, (candied thighs don't seem to be cutting it this year!!!) Maybe I'll have a new pic on Sunday...

Here's my entry into this week's throwdown.

Attachments

• August 11, 2008 004.jpg
    August 11, 2008 004.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 152
  • August 11, 2008 006.jpg
    August 11, 2008 006.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 392
  • August 11, 2008 007.jpg
    August 11, 2008 007.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 150
Sorry about that. It is chicken bruschetta. I marinated the chicken overnight in Zesty Italian salad dressing. I then grilled the chicken for about 15 minutes. After the chicken was done I topped it off with the bruschetta (red and yellow tomato, onion, garlic, olive oil, and fresh basil) topping. Over that I put shredded mozzarella then back on the grill until the cheese was melted. It was quite good. A lot of the credit goes to my wife as it was her idea.

Sorry about that. It is chicken bruschetta. I marinated the chicken overnight in Zesty Italian salad dressing. I then grilled the chicken for about 15 minutes. After the chicken was done I topped it off with the bruschetta (red and yellow tomato, onion, garlic, olive oil, and fresh basil) topping. Over that I put shredded mozzarella then back on the grill until the cheese was melted. It was quite good. A lot of the credit goes to my wife as it was her idea.

That is some really good looking chicken!!

Back