THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Well then...

I'm entering my Mini Corn-Biscuit dog for two reasons; First, it is supposedly healthier preperation than normal and because I did some tiny fancy plating for it. Well... fancier than normal. :becky:
Here is the cook thread: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98219
0103111750.jpg

These were really interesting. First of all, I will admit not all of the family approved but, it was mainly because they expected classic corn dog taste and didn't appreciate the biscuit aspects. I will say though, If you got one with a nice thin coating of biscuit they were excellent when swiped through a bit of mustard and ketchup.

Now I remember how to enter...will it be short ribs, baby backs or scallops? Should I go Asian, perhaps kumquats, or maybe a vinegar/bourbon reduction? Perhaps it is time to break out one of my experiments, such as what I learned in trying to smoke ice cubes, or perhaps go totally 'spa' here and have no meat. Smoked Collard foam with foie gras eggplant fritters anyone? Hey, who misplaced my caviar spoon?!?!

Scallops/Asian please :hungry:

Ok, I know I threatened to use Spam and eggplant for this throwdown, but Auntie brought home some scallops and I had to use them instead. They were grilled on Bubba Ho-Keg with some nice sturgeon in the background.

IMG_0151.jpg

Then in true "Nouveau Quisine" style, plated with some soba noodles, sweet chili sauce, and candied kumquats. The mint leaves were there for looks...

IMG_0158.jpg

Use that last picture for my entry. If I have time later I'll post the cook in Q-talk...

Dang it all, the Bear stole my Asian scallops idea, no sense in playing now. :becky:

Those look good Pauly! I first thought 'CAVIAR! he used caviar!' but I see it is now all about kumquats

Dang it all, the Bear stole my Asian scallops idea, no sense in playing now. :becky:

Those look good Pauly! I first thought 'CAVIAR! he used caviar!' but I see it is now all about kumquats

We had a piece of the fish that caviar comes from, but no eggs. This was a real treat, as that hunk of fish on Bubba Ho-Keg cost over $38. To say I am indebted to Auntie is an understatement.

Oh, and those three scallops (also fresh)? Over $7. Nothing like a little pressure to not screw up the cook... :becky:

First kumqauts and now beets, you guys must have really over-bought for the last challenge. Now my idea for pork belly and scallops has been taken.

Hmmm, I've got a few ideas... now let's see if I can un-lazy my self enough to produce... :rolleyes:

I suppose I could always use the snow as an excuse not to do something. And then I guess I'd have to dig out the real camera since my cell phone pics are lacking...
This might be too much... :p

Back