THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Nouveau Quisine"[/size]
old-mill-nouvelle-cuisine.jpg

Anonymous photo.

...as chosen by Gore, the winner of the La Guerre de Pomme de Terre (Battle Potato) Throwdown!

Literally translated from French, "Nouveau Cuisine" means "New Kitchen". But wait! Before you go and remodel your entire kitchen this is not what it means in this particular context here in the Throwdowns where we speak Red-Blooded American, or whatever it is we speak here. What "Nouveau Cuisine" means for this here Throwdown is "to bring out the fresh, natural flavors of foods featuring lighter dishes than traditional heavy/rich French dishes, and focusing on fanciful plating and presentation".

Now, if your head is still spinning and you don't have a clue what I am talking about, what this means is those fancy little dishes where there is a small speck of food with sauces and garnish all painted on and plated all fancy-like in one of those super-fancy high-priced joints that all those pretentious folk go to do drink hoity-toity wine and.....well, I digress. Hopefully by now you get the point!:becky: If not, click here to see some pictures of a Google Image search for Nouveau Cuisine.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 12/31 through Sunday 1/9.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 1/9.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 1/10 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 1/14. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the New Years Traditions Throwdown until Monday night 1/3 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Treats for Santa Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
So I'm guessing we'll see a cube of fatty with a bacon endive frisee and cream gravy foam mousse?

You guys are toast.

I misspelled the category!:doh: Gore intended it to be "Nouveau Quisine", with a Q, you know, for Q.:becky: My bad. I have corrected this.:cool:

Somehow...I'm thinking ecode, BBQ Grail and landarc are gonna be all over this one. Probably a few others as well who should be mentioned, but those 3 immediately came to mind for me. I could see Gore in this one with a Bacon Mousse. Unless he goes the eggplant route. But that would be the easy way out.:becky: Bacon is not a crutch in this one!:laugh:

I think I can just puree my BBQ and put in on a small piece of filet with a piece of parsley.

Somehow...I'm thinking ecode, BBQ Grail and landarc are gonna be all over this one. Probably a few others as well who should be mentioned, but those 3 immediately came to mind for me. I could see Gore in this one with a Bacon Mousse. Unless he goes the eggplant route. But that would be the easy way out.:becky: Bacon is not a crutch in this one!:laugh:

I figured this plays right into Larry's hands also, but you never know what will happen. I'm much more likely to do a bacon moose than a bacon mousse. I hadn't considered eggplant though. Yes, it would be an easy way out, but you know I'm lazy. They do come in little tiny portions. Redhot sent me this pic a while back:

picture.php

Now, just need to pay a "visit" to the botanical gardens. :tsk:

Hmmm... I may end up sitting this one out. You guys may not have noticed, but when I enter a throwdown it is with something that we can also eat for dinner. I don't cook for the throwdown alone. So, unless I can figure out a Nouveau dinner idea, I'll watch this one unfold. :pop2:

I have no idea where this one is going, Gore what were you thinking?

I have it on good authority that I don't think and might not even have that capability. :icon_blush: I had originally thought of a New Year's TD, but someone beat me to that, then I thought of classics like "beef" or "pork" but thought there would be too many double entries, then I thought of "Food inspired by Mr. Bigabyte." I think this would be a LOT of fun (I would love to try a good rant-entry), but I'm afraid only a handful would participate. Maybe later. Then I turned my brain off and thought of "Nouveau Quisine." I have no thoughts or ideas, but I bet Larry is loaded with them.

I must say this will be a great challenge for the folks on this forum. Getting people who are used to cooking huge, juicy meat, slathered with rich sauces, creamy heavy sides and full plates will be very interesting. Cool TD category Gore!:thumb:

Back