THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WOW, well spots are filling up fast on this one!

I better "extract the digit" and get my entry in!

Here's my DOUBLE CHUCKY thread with the whole process!

Here's my Chuckies slathered and Dusted with SImply Marvellous Rubs!
DSC_0091.jpg

And done on the WSM after 9hours at 275
DSC_0125.jpg

And here it is showing a nice smoke ring!:-D
DSC_0145.jpg

There's another whole chucky still in the fridge, which I am going to cut down and slice tomorrow... I might replace the final pic... well see!

Anyway, this chucky was deeeelicious!:becky:

Cheers!

Bill

Chuck Eye Steak Bok Choy Salad

Last night we made a fairly simple but delicious dish. Had some very nice chuck eye steaks and a head of bok choy. Hmmm...what to do? Warm sauteed salad! The steaks were marinated in Dale's for about 45 minutes then dusted with The Rub Co. Competetion Style (Excellent stuff!) and grilled hot and fast for about three minutes a side. Also grilled some bacon for the salad. While the coals were getting a start and the grilling was being done Redhot was working on the veggies. Two large yellow squash, a large Vidalia onion and a head of chopped Bok Choy were sauteed in sesame oil with crushed black pepper, a little salt and crushed red pepper flakes. This was put in the bowls, bacon bits next and then the sliced steak. Redhot also worked on the Blue Cheese Sauce for the salad "dressing". 4 Tbs butter melted and 5 cloves of garlic diced and sauteed until translucent when 6 oz of Gorganzola were added and then finished off with a half cup of heavy cream.

Here's some pics...

raw-1.jpg

In the Dale's
inthedales-1.jpg

Dusted

rubbed-5.jpg

On the grill

grillin-3.jpg

OH! The bacon - didn't get a grill shot cuz I had to work it...

bacon.jpg

The salad stuff...
veggies-3.jpg

In the pan

sauteed.jpg

Cheese sauce!

sauce-3.jpg

And dinner is served...

dinner-2.jpg

Use this pic for the dish please Chris...

dish.jpg

As you can see, Redhot and I have fun in the kitchen.

This dish WILL be made again.:-D

Who the fark makes salad for a TD....er, nevermind, that looks mighty good :hungry:

And, I do not need nor want to know what all goes on in your kitchen between you and Redhot :icon_smile_tongue:.

My first thought was that "steaks" weren't "roasts", but then figured that was just the SPAM talking so I let it slide. Since Jim pointed it out too though....we might have a "Short Bus" candidate here....:becky:

66, There is no way your food would make me sick. Some day we will figure out how to really taste the entries. No wait, someone could enter something that could make me sick. :becky:

Here is my humble offering for the Chuckie Throwdown.

Wanted to keep things simple (things seem to work better for me when I do that) and got two chuck roasts from Kroger. Since I had both Bovine Bold and Yardbird available, I used one on each chuckie. Both tasted great, but the Yardbird one came out more photogenic, so that is what you will see here:

Yardbird Chuckie before doing anything:

Yardbird%20Chuckie%2001.jpg

Yardbird Chuckie after applying rub:

Yardbird%20Chuck%2002.jpg

Both Chuckies freshly on the WSM:

Both%20on%20the%20WSM.jpg

Both Chuckies ready to remove from WSM:

Done%20on%20the%20WSM.jpg

After resting, the sliced Yardbird Chuckie:

Yardbird%20Chuck%2003.jpg

And this will be the "Money Shot":

The%20Money%20Shot.jpg

Nothing really that fancy, but good eats, none the less.

Very nice!:cool:

I have to admit, I am a bit surprised that this one didn't get closed out by this weekend!:shock: But that is a good thing because now we have at LEAST one more week left for people to make their Chuck Roast entry!:thumb:

Back