BBQ Brethren Masters Cut #3 - Tri-Tip Roast

My submission for the MASTER OF ALL TRI-TIPS!!! Cooking thread here http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1588037#post1588037. This one is not going to be easy judging by the 1st entry.

050-6.jpg

051-2.jpg

078-4.jpg

I just grabbed one, but can't cook it until Saturday.... Scheduling conflicts.... Hopefull there is still a spot.

Your fine. There is no maximum. 10 established the closing date, which is the Monday after the min. of 10 is hit. So, if you cook it this weekend, your fine.

I like the way you cut that, Groundhog! There appears to me some big difference in the shape of my tri-tip to yours. Mine ended up nearly straight, and yours maintained that shape right to the cut. I'm gonna have to look into this...

It seems tri-tips are a regional thing. We get sirloin roasts here. It's been several years since I've gotten one and they are nothing like the tri-tips I've seen pictured. Well, I had just about given up looking when I checked in the refrigerator and there, right in front of me, was a beautiful tri-tip roast. The amazing thing was that it was preseasoned all the way through.

IMG_1799.jpg

Just check out the marbling on that sucker. That is well above prime grade. I didn't add a bit of seasoning and decided to smoke it with oak.

IMG_1803.jpg

I pulled it off and let it rest. I know from Bob that these are normally served rare and are finicky. Normally, it's best to eat these quickly, but I was dealing with a special one here.

IMG_1851.jpg

This was so tender I could've cut it with a butter knife. Really was a thing of beauty.
IMG_1853.jpg

It seems tri-tips are a regional thing. We get sirloin roasts here. It's been several years since I've gotten one and they are nothing like the tri-tips I've seen pictured. Well, I had just about given up looking when I checked in the refrigerator and there, right in front of me, was a beautiful tri-tip roast. The amazing thing was that it was preseasoned all the way through.

Do three points a Tri-Tip make?
:icon_wink

I can't believe you didn't stuff that tri-tip Gore, or at least wrap it in bacon. Or eggplant. Whatever happened to eggplant? It's been a long time since I've seen any eggplant.

I can't believe you didn't stuff that tri-tip Gore, or at least wrap it in bacon. Or eggplant. Whatever happened to eggplant? It's been a long time since I've seen any eggplant.

I forgot all about eggplant. How could I forget eggplant? :doh:

Wait just a farkin SECOND!!!

Gore, you brilliant SOB.....that just may be my IN for this contest!!
Can't find tri tip roast around here either. I even ASKED a guy at a local meat cutter yesterday and he'd never even HEARD of it.:tsk:

Sure seems like noone noticed......:rolleyes:

So Chris, if I wrapped the tri tip in bacon it'll still be legal......right?:mod::wink:

I have no idea at all what you're talking about, Wampus. Perhaps you just need to look around a little harder. I'm sure you can locate a tri-tip somewhere. :roll:

Can't wait til we get to do "chicken," ... just sayin'.

Back