THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was at Safeway the other day and saw they had marked
down a couple of small packages of Boneless Beef Ribs.

So...they got drafted for this throwdown.
I grilled them Hot N Fast; with a little low salt Lawry's and
some Worcestershire sauce.

On the plate with a Cottage Cheese stuffed Tomato, topped
with Blueberries...and some apple slices on the side.

The Ribs were quite tender and tasty.

54144227.jpg

93242432.jpg

52190619.jpg

Please use the picture below for the entry picture..\/\/\/\/\/

95621839.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my entry.I smoked these tasty little treats on my XL BGE.They were quite tasty:-D.Anyway,please use the last pic as my throwdown entry,thanks.

Here's the raws....

DSC_0011-1.jpg

Then onto the egg

DSC_0025-1.jpg

They are coming along nicely here....

DSC_0049-1.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

I decided to slice them up to make them less messy for me and the kid(mostly me):-D

DSC_0060-1.jpg

They were like tiny little briskets,yummy:eusa_clap Thanks for listening:redface:

GRILLMAN,
I never quite understood the concept of boneless ribs, but that's another subject. Your entry is fan-farkin-tastic! Composition and Presentation are an A+ in my book. I hate it when I can't honestly vote for myself in these things...

I does sound a little different....but; the meat is from the rib bone.
Why do they sell them that way?
I don't know....perhaps the bone was cracked or in some other way
looked bad and perhaps was unpleasing to the eye....so the butcher
removed it and just packaged the meat.....or maybe they can charge
more because it is boneless....I don't know....just guessing.

Master was taking a well deserved break, but luckily I (Gore) was able to assemble my crack team of sous-chefs to work on this throwdown.

IMG_5153.jpg

Note that I also received some Foil Hat rub from Bigabyte to try out. The ingredients of this rub are as secret as the identity of my primary sous-chef. Without Master's help, I need all the help I can get. I ordered two small racks of ribs from my local butcher and seasoned:

IMG_5101.jpg

These were smoked low and slow for about six hours on the Primo Oval. Here they are after saucing:

IMG_5112.jpg

I then asked my trusty sous chef Ninja Squirrel to slice and arrange them on the plate:

IMG_5144.jpg

And here is the final result:

IMG_5113-1.jpg

We had a few guests over and the consensus was "yum."

Master was taking a well deserved break, but luckily I (Gore) was able to assemble my crack team of sous-chefs to work on this throwdown.

IMG_5153.jpg

IMG_5113-1.jpg

We had a few guests over and the consensus was "yum."

After all of the different entries, from all the other Throwdowns; it seems
as if Gore may have invented a new type of cooking.....could it be called
Gore-B-Q ?

For this throwdown I tried something a bit different. I began with boneless beef ribs. I know it sounds like one of those "Turkey Bacon" things, sacrilegious. Ribs, ... without the bone! What will they think of next?

IMG_5104.jpg

I seasoned these and smoked on the Primo Oval for 5 hours:

IMG_5109.jpg

Meanwhile I put together some onion rolls. This recipe is like making cinnamon buns, but inside I put in fried shallots:

IMG_5159.jpg

And cooked they look beautiful

IMG_5164.jpg

I shredded the meat in big chunks

IMG_5168.jpg

and put together my sandwich with an anchoa sauce, fried onions, and added some homemade sweet potato fries and a beer for my husband.

IMG_5175-1.jpg

Hmmmmm.....I guess that the "E" in ecode stands for "Excellent" as that
sandwich does look that way.

However; I can only wonder what would have happened if you had put
the shredded Rib meat on the dough of the Onion Rolls and cooked them
that way....would that have been a.... Rib Sandwich Wellington?

I'll toss these here in for lookin at

The Wench said " quit you bicthin' 'bout wanting beef ribs and do something". I ain't 'bout t' disobey her - again. But there weren't no shorty ribs nowheres so I did some dadburn back ribs. Still might good eats.

Here they be on the POS smoker with an itty-bitty 3lb ham (ran over the neighbor girls lil' potbelly squealler) and one of the lil' 5lb sweet taters the Wench grew out by the power plant waste dump (the one that glows at night).

IMG_3618.jpg

Here's some on the fancy table out in the summer kitchen

IMG_3631.jpg

That there last picture is my fav-or-ite one for others to see. --- BillyG

Back