THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rounder

Got Wood.
I built a UDS last summer and quickly added the BBQ guru. I have a hardcase padded "briefcase" of sorts I store my BBQ guru and Maverick in. I'm planning to build a 96 gallon UDS this summer and I'll probably add another Guru to the mix. I'm considering getting something like a soft sided fishing bag or something similar to store all the components for these electronics. I'm also considering getting a knife set with a roll up bag or something similar.

How do you all of you store/transport these accessories? Remember pictures are worth 1,000 words! I'd like to see what the fellow brethren are doing!

All of my temperature gadgets are in a toolbox. All of my utensils are in a different toolbox. These toolbox are plastic and are from Harbor Freight.

For protection from inclement weather I have seen teams that cut holes and added PVC to the holes. One tube for wires and one for air intake.

I am not sure if I'm going to do this. If it rains, I have a canopy to cover my smoked and electronics.

The rest of my gear is in big plastic totes from Wally World.

I use small and medium clear plastic totes to store items and keep alike items together. These fit nicely into my cabinet shelves.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-17511712-6-Quart-ClearView-12-Pack/dp/B0063KWMVQ/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1428493936&sr=8-16&keywords=small+plastic+totes"]Amazon.com - Sterilite 17511712 6-Quart ClearView Latch Box 12-Pack - Lidded Home Storage Bins@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Jgo%2BCDeBL.@@AMEPARAM@@31Jgo%2BCDeBL[/ame]

These are available at Walmart in different color lock tabs for easy identification and they are also at a cheaper price there.

For larger things like racks, pan, and such they go right on the shelves, but I use a large bin to transport if needed. Black plastic bins with a yellow folding top at BJ's for about $8.00. They are also great for storing chafers (two to a bin) as they will stack on top of each other.

I use this from Sears - http://www.sears.com/craftsman-22inch-standard-truck-box/p-00965119000P

spin_prod_206263401

Cheap, stackable, 22 inches long (for skewers and utensils) and easy to stow in most places.

I bought a knife holder thingy that folds in half and zips shut. That and everything else goes in basically a big plastic tub when I go to Brethren Bashes. Keeps everything in one place, easy to carry it all at the same time.

This is what I keep many of my things in. Its most of what I keep on the table close at hand. Very handy for home and competitions. It is a Stanley brand tool box I got on Amazon. The straps the foil roll are in are supposed to be used to strap a level to the inside of the lid.

Attachments

This is what I keep many of my things in. Its most of what I keep on the table close at hand. Very handy for home and competitions. It is a Stanley brand tool box I got on Amazon. The straps the foil roll are in are supposed to be used to strap a level to the inside of the lid.

I like your holder for the box of foil.... Neat idea

Back