THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
So round 2 with the $399 Bayou Classic! :clap2::clap2: Gotta 20lb turkey that I’m going to inject with pork au jus I have froze from another cook and also adding in beef base because this is America. So we’ll have a little fun and cover the bases on 3 types of meats in one turkey :becky:.

Posted some of these picks in Maniac’s thread, but here are some things I got this week. Mini axe/maul for splitting up smaller stick and then also a river country therm to replace whatever pos was in there
9hEtwL1l.jpg

vr516mql.jpg

Got the thermometer tuned in and installed a few days ago
xxeIEKGl.jpg

G6Alzfsl.jpg

2dIrxBhl.jpg

X6T9ZAPl.jpg

hd0FTHCl.jpg

Some smaller stick ready
jSbxaQll.jpg

20lb turkey from the deals on Thanksgiving. Thawed and dry brined yesterday
RqcQpGFl.jpg

xGf0nXUl.jpg

Also got some gasket even though there weren’t that many leaks. Not sure what it will do, but I also need some for my egg so this roll had plenty to do both:-D. Cut the gasket in half and fits in there about perfect.
C60lnH7l.jpg

38N3yehl.jpg

yLSrsu9l.jpg

Also might throw some sausage on, but might do that tomorrow
8odEKt1l.jpg

Actually stopped at Costco today and they still have Prime briskets which is good to see (all really nice size) and they still have 2 left. I restrained myself from buying another and putting it on top of my cart. I bet you could buy one for $400, list it on CL for like $900 with links to the full priced online ones that are like $1000 and then sell it for $700-800 and make a profit easily.
0Sr4yRBl.jpg

s6CqI9pl.jpg

RgDhkvnl.jpg

ldXxtcel.jpg

And here is the pork beef deal I’ll be mixing together here shortly
07eBCQrl.jpg

About to start the fire and then get cooking. Happy Saturday Smoking!

Ate most of the organs as it's my favorite snack and then pulled the spine and neck meat added some bbq rub to finish off the gravy
hbZir3Kl.jpg

oGSfYfwl.jpg

ieRnlOZl.jpg

vTQXs2cl.jpg

q8aeVxml.jpg

Took about 3.5hrs running 300-350 most of the time
gSGpePnl.jpg

7ZcfWctl.jpg

Did a lot of skin samplng
AXlkUrHl.jpg

And here's the rest. The injection was really good. Added lots of flavor to the meat
l0PMeppl.jpg

YB31IJBl.jpg

aMJfT2Yl.jpg

g0uCiWwl.jpg

adSquvil.jpg

P1Sh1Vnl.jpg

3JxYyiQl.jpg

T1A7s0Yl.jpg

Cooker performed well again. I did one rotation on the turkey and after 2hrs I put foil over the top so it wouldn't get too dark. So really happy with the purchase so far. Especially for $399 :-D. Need to get some ribs in there so might do that next weekend. Got some beef ribs in the freezer that would be good.

I found one out here and it is on sale for $850 :shock: you guys have been killing me with these things and I got a real bad itch :tsk:

Back