THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beautiful bird, sounds like the cooker has surpassed expectations.

It's been said, but at that price it's a no brainer. Temps aren't as even as my SF and the size is a little small so I do miss just being able to toss stuff around with no remorse, but it does cook very well :clap2:.

Takes smaller stick which I had to get used to (not that hard) and with a smaller space in the firebox even the smaller sticks don't seem to combust like my SF, but kind of an apples/oranges deal there. My SF firebox is so big as is the ongoing charcoal bed that anything just about lights even if not pre heated. Pre-heating help a good amount with this cooker.

Even at $500 or $600 I'd say it is still an extremely nice cooker :-D

Jason about $850, is it worth it?

It's been said, but at that price it's a no brainer. Temps aren't as even as my SF and the size is a little small so I do miss just being able to toss stuff around with no remorse, but it does cook very well :clap2:.

Takes smaller stick which I had to get used to (not that hard) and with a smaller space in the firebox even the smaller sticks don't seem to combust like my SF, but kind of an apples/oranges deal there. My SF firebox is so big as is the ongoing charcoal bed that anything just about lights even if not pre heated. Pre-heating help a good amount with this cooker.

Jason about $850, is it worth it?

I guess that is where it is borderline high since places like academy have the under/over (and other smokers) for a lot less, but not as thick gauge. Even if I didn't have a stick burner, but still my other smokers I'd probably pass at that price. The original Costco price was $679 and maybe that is the line for me when I think about it more.

Might catch a better criagslist deal for less than $850 on a different type of smoker :becky:.

just wondering how well d canoe paddles would fit in the FB. might be a good fuel source :heh:

Looks great & looking forward to more cooks! :hungry:

just wondering how well d canoe paddles would fit in the FB. might be a good fuel source :heh:

Looks great & looking forward to more cooks! :hungry:

Ya you'd have to break them in half a little i'd guess, but they could get in there :becky:.

Might make the food tastes even better :-D

Back