THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brothers

I am officially introducing the cook team “Spicy Cracker Smokers”

Jay Curry from Team Q and Spicewine Smokers, from Missouri
&
Jimmy Brod from Smokin’ Cracker BBQ Team, from Florida

We are teaming up as the “Spicy Cracker Smokers” for The Battle of the Brethren.
We both look forward to hanging with all the Brethren at this contest. It will be great to put some faces with these names and enjoy some cold beverages with all you guys.
We are officially signed up and thanks to Phil and Sled for the help and hooking us up with some used equipment.

Jay and I would appreciate any help we can get as far as equipment goes.
If anyone can loan us some stuff please send me a PM we would appreciate any help you guys can give us. Jet Blue will not let us check an ez-up, smoker or a cambro!!! Imagine that!!! I think I can get my knives in my carry on bag:)

See u guys in October
We both fly-in to JFK on Thursday afternoon.
You guys from NY do have pre-contest partys right? we don't want to miss anything.

Cracker,

If the other eastern dealer were to join you we could modify the name to
the Spicey Cracker Polish Smokers!:biggrin::shock::tongue:

Hi,

I have some friends who are going to create a team and compete this year. They have NO experience with BBQ. They are professional cooks and know their way around food, but not true BBQ. Like everyone else out there, they believe that they have a 'killer' sauce recipe and probably don't know quite what they are getting themselves into.

Is there anyone that wouldn't mind lending them a hand and a bit of advice during the event?

Thanks!

Eric

Looking forward to having the Spice Cracker come visit. Can we give them Sled's old spot?

Cracker,

If the other eastern dealer were to join you we could modify the name to
the Spicey Cracker Polish Smokers!:biggrin::shock::tongue:

Mrs. Sawdust

Thanks but Jay and I agreed to leave work at home.
We are not coming to NY to sell smokers but it will be good to meet you guys.

See you guys in October

Beach Bum Barbecue has a check in the mail. Passing up on Grilling, way to much work for a husband and wife team. I was exhausted after setting up and doing grilling last year and this is way more complex this year.

What is up with the friday night chili contest? I assume we can bring those prepared. I like to mix 2 cans of Stagg with 1 can of Hormel for my secret recipe.

And I would like a spot next to Heavy Metal Barbecue again. I am sure no else is going to make the same request.

I cook better Farked up. Just ask Phil. :wink: There's nothing more dangerous than a wounded animal!!:shock:

We are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Spice

This is a farking understatment. I never seen any team light up like TeamQ and even wake up on time.... never mind walk away with GC's.

jays my hero...... I'd be in a farking coma.... :oops:

When're we going to see details on this Iron Chef grilling category? I need to start practicing.

its august..

Contests in October.. all u need now is to go get your buzzer and work on your head.

:)

its august..

Contests in October.. all u need now is to go get your buzzer and work on your head.

:)

It's nearly September and I have nothing better to do then practice. Already got all of my fatties deboned, gutted and frozen.

I'll have my new haircut for Willie's Bash on Saturday so quit your beetching.

As for Iron Chef, I just want to know if we're getting one item (say clams) or multiple items (say clams, marshmallows and gravy) and how long there is between when we get them and when the turn-ins are. The rest is easy.

Looks like I'll be competing for the first time @ Sayville. It should be me and my friend and possible our wives. We were going to go with fat belly bbq but I see there is a big belly bbq team so my wife came up with chubby hubby's bbq so that's what were going with. Now I've got to go out and start practicing, I can't wait until October.

Can anybody tell me what are the mandatory items that we need to bring? As far as sanitation I see we need 3 seperate tubs for washing, rinsing and sanitation as well as bleach/water. We've got latex gloves and fire extinguishers and 2 burner coleman stove for hot water. Anything else that I am missing that is a must have? Also is there usually a place to dump the dirty water?

Back