THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

from Harleysville to Sayville....
166 mi – about 3 hours 14 mins

Hope you'll join us, I'm not part of the reach around stuff, so your safe if you hang with us :biggrin:

If you would be willing to cook up a butt or two that is provided to you so that we can feed volunteers at the event, please let me know. Clearly there would be no expense and minimal effort for you.

Thanks!

Eric

If you would be willing to cook up a butt or two that is provided to you so that we can feed volunteers at the event, please let me know. Clearly there would be no expense and minimal effort for you.

Thanks!

Eric

I think we will have plenty of room for atleast two butts.
Is it the cooks choice for the rub????
I will have some volunteers scratching arse on the way home.

FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!

Thanks!

Eric

Plenty of room on my cooker, Eric.

Dont forget to save some extra space in those cookers for the Island Harvest Food drive!!

Sled - what do you think of this:

Bring a large (wheeled) cooler around and a big roll of foil. If teams want to donate extra food, wrap it there and ice it up. Then bring it back to your "home base" and pack it as you will (I assume in a larger cooler?).

If they are cooking extra on purpose, same thing.

Sled - what do you think of this:

Bring a large (wheeled) cooler around and a big roll of foil. If teams want to donate extra food, wrap it there and ice it up. Then bring it back to your "home base" and pack it as you will (I assume in a larger cooler?).

If they are cooking extra on purpose, same thing.

That's a good idea.
I thought that an onsite fridge would work good, too. Or even a freezer. You could contact a local rental place to see if they would donate one. Have the teams put their leftovers into those big 2.5 gallon bags and then you could put them into the fridge or freezer right away.

“Spicy Cracker Smokers”

Brothers

I am officially introducing the cook team “Spicy Cracker Smokers”

Jay Curry from Team Q and Spicewine Smokers, from Missouri
&
Jimmy Brod from Smokin’ Cracker BBQ Team, from Florida

We are teaming up as the “Spicy Cracker Smokers” for The Battle of the Brethren.
We both look forward to hanging with all the Brethren at this contest. It will be great to put some faces with these names and enjoy some cold beverages with all you guys.
We are officially signed up and thanks to Phil and Sled for the help and hooking us up with some used equipment.

Jay and I would appreciate any help we can get as far as equipment goes.
If anyone can loan us some stuff please send me a PM we would appreciate any help you guys can give us. Jet Blue will not let us check an ez-up, smoker or a cambro!!! Imagine that!!! I think I can get my knives in my carry on bag:)

See u guys in October
We both fly-in to JFK on Thursday afternoon.
You guys from NY do have pre-contest partys right? we don't want to miss anything.

Attachments

• bbq.jpg
    bbq.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 122
  • kissimmee 009.jpg
    kissimmee 009.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 122
We are officially signed up and thanks to Phil and Sled for the help and hooking us up with some used equipment.

One medium sized Hibachi - Check
Bottle lighter fluid(Kingsford) - Check
2 large bags of Pine chunks - check
Large jar Licorice/habanero Sauce - check
meats(purchased June 22) - Check

Ok.. we got ya covered. :mrgreen:

CLEAN OUT YOUR PM's

If anyone can loan us some stuff please send me a PM we would appreciate any help you guys can give us. Jet Blue will not let us check an ez-up, smoker or a cambro!!! Imagine that!!! I think I can get my knives in my carry on bag:)

I'd be happy to loan you a wsm and a couple of kettles, but you need to clean out your pm box so you can get messages.

Eric

Back