THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sounds like I need to party with you....

I do Have fun at this one. Probably because it closes out the season... well at least up North it closes ...

I think you almost went through my trailer wall during last year's brisket tutorial.

I think you almost went through my trailer wall during last year's brisket tutorial.

You should of started earlier... Before the effects of Jack started... Plus I think your trailer was on a slant and that's why I couldn't stand straight... Or walk straight for that matter...

Remember, bring a bottle of Jack if you need a pork tutorial!!! :becky:

the team im helping is doing dessert..does everything dessert wise have to be prepped/cooked on-site? I assume so but since Ive never messed with that category I wasnt sure what to tell them.

the team im helping is doing dessert..does everything dessert wise have to be prepped/cooked on-site? I assume so but since Ive never messed with that category I wasnt sure what to tell them.
Sorry Bill, I don't know. I do have a call into Claudia so when she calls me back, I'll let you know....

Sorry Bill, I don't know. I do have a call into Claudia so when she calls me back, I'll let you know....
I just spoke with Claudia and she said that it had to be cooked on site.

To be honest, she kind of himmed and hawed about it but then made the statement so there may be some confusion.

I just spoke with Claudia and she said that it had to be cooked on site.

To be honest, she kind of himmed and hawed about it but then made the statement so there may be some confusion.
thats fine..ill just tell them to cook onsite ..better to be safe ..thanks!

Sounds like a great idea! You guys go ahead and have as much fun as you want to! Why don't don't you see how many of your neighbors you can recruit as well!

Have you figured out my master plan yet? :becky: :thumb: :twisted:

I was told that I will be cooking next to you. That may not fit into your master plan!!!

This has traditionally been the contest where we have too much fun. I don't know if it's the end of the year, proximity, cold, or what, but it seems to happen every year. The way this week is going, I don't think it will matter as I haven't had time to do anything yet. Guess we'll pull a "have a few drinks and don't worry" weekend. It's always fun to close the season with friends and family.

I am bringing Macallen scotch and Stolie vodka. I hope I remember to get the Ribs and trailer.

I hope I am next to Ron because I need my beauty sleep. :)

I've given up on beauty sleep, but I do like my pellet sleep :-D

I heard that Angelo may be bringing out some of his home made Bloody Mary Mix to go along with the Bacon Vodka I made....

Just Sayin...

Hmmm... Did you get all of the grease out of the bacon vodka? Someone made some a while back and it coated the glass and ice cubes with grease.

Assuming that it has been properly degreased I may have to try some in my home made bloody mary mix :-D

I was told that I will be cooking next to you. That may not fit into your master plan!!!

I have a gun... Just sayin'... :clap2:

Does anyone know if there is a sauce competion? Also can you give a me a time guide as to when to visit the teams? Times when visiting wont interfer with business?

I have a gun... Just sayin'... :clap2:

Me tooooo and I am a pretty good shot.....just sayin'.... 15 rounds in a 9" plate in 8 seconds. not bragging just facts. Southern boys get a gun before a bottle.
I will trade you some "peace of mind" for some coffee on saturday. Or is that a hamburger on tuesday. I get confused with those old sayings.
See ya soon

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone know if there is a sauce competion? Also can you give a me a time guide as to when to visit the teams? Times when visiting wont interfer with business?
Anytime Friday night is good. Saturday before 10, after 2.

Me tooooo and I am a pretty good shot.....just sayin'.... 15 rounds in a 9" plate in 8 seconds. not bragging just facts. Southern boys get a gun before a bottle.
I will trade you some "peace of mind" for some coffee on saturday. Or is that a hamburger on tuesday. I get confused with those old sayings.
See ya soon

Umm, ok....don't forget those ribs.

No sauce. Just the standard KCBS categories plus dessert on Saturday. There is a People's Choice Chili competition on Friday evening (5-8 I think).

As far as visiting, almost any time on Friday is good. The cook's meeting is at 6 but it is usually short.

Wow I have meat trimmed ahead of time for a change. Could only get one brisket, so we'll see how that goes. I'll be pulling in around 2 or so, hopefully.

Dropped off the Moho last night. All new layout this year. No more gravel, its all on the parking lot now.

Should have told me Pat. There were 4 briskets at RD the other day that were comp quality. 13+ lbs.

stop by Big Eds BBQ setup and say hi..he is vending too so im not sure where he will be setup..ill be there around today around 5 then back tommmrow morning early
bring a sauce sample with if you can so i can try it

Back