Backyard BBQers show your smokers

My new 1 Star
e349e5ba8f764b340b59275f44afaeec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What Happened to your Smoke Daddy Pellet Pro.?

Well, I finally pulled the trigger after almost 2yrs; I just signed the paperwork today.

I will be the proud owner of a Humphrey’s Battle Box!

These are just stock photos from their site, mine will have a gadget shelf with towel holder under the gadget ports and a 6” basting tray setting on the firebox door.
It also comes with 6” rubber casters standard.

I’m beyond excited

e13cd291d4fdd4bf1c3e0837af3fbb5d.jpg

62aee12b3c6b6ad75fb912dc82be9b6e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I finally pulled the trigger after almost 2yrs; I just signed the paperwork today.

These are just stock photos from their site, mine will have a gadget shelf with towel holder under the gadget ports and a 6” basting tray setting on the firebox door.

I’m beyond excited

e13cd291d4fdd4bf1c3e0837af3fbb5d.jpg

62aee12b3c6b6ad75fb912dc82be9b6e.jpg

Congrats! Throw some pics up when it gets to the new home!

I’m beyond excited

hcIciJfl.jpg

Oye6lYSl.jpg

This cook was with 3/4th of the firebox full of lump. I'm sure it'd be longer with some briquettes. Water does need to be added about half way through.

0866gfKl.jpg

While I love the grill I have a singular complaint about it that didn't register until after I had it. Dealing with the water pan after the cook. You don't want to let it sit too long or else. Dealing with the water grease separation after the fact is a bit of a pain. That said I'm sure this sentiment would be shared among many other fans of smokers with water pans. The craftsmanship on the smoker is top notch. I only wish I didn't have to 'ruin' it by breaking it in. Was so nice to look at.

I have a short, non-pro review on my YT channel, but I'm not sure if it is or against the rules to post here. I hope your BB comes soon. The wait was killer for me.

I’m beyond excited

Not sure if you got yours, but you're gonna love it. It's such nice craftmansip you're going to have a hard time actually breaking it in. Mine runs like a camp. There was a bit of a learning curve that I wasn't expecting, but its manageable if you're doing naturally aspirated control. While not necessary I will say having a PID makes it stupid easy to cook with.

Attachments

• 1 - 1R0RN32.jpg
    1 - 1R0RN32.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 521
  • 2 - o8hEJR8.jpg
    2 - o8hEJR8.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 516
  • 12 hours steady - Imgur.jpg
    12 hours steady - Imgur.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 521
Not sure if you got yours, but you're gonna love it. It's such nice craftmansip you're going to have a hard time actually breaking it in. Mine runs like a camp. There was a bit of a learning curve that I wasn't expecting, but its manageable if you're doing naturally aspirated control. While not necessary I will say having a PID makes it stupid easy to cook with.

I got my BB back in May. I made a follow up post Monday. I started using it with water and just free air to learn it. Then left out the water and put foil wrapped firebrick in it instead, at the suggestion of a user on the Humphrey’s users FB page. Holds temps like a champ and so fuel efficient.

After quite a few cooks, I felt I had it pretty well learned, so I bought a ThermoWorks Signals w/ Billows fan. I love the WiFi, so much better than just Bluetooth.

Cooking a butt and a full packer brisket overnight this weekend.

I got my BB back in May. I made a follow up post Monday. I started using it with water and just free air to learn it. Then left out the water and put foil wrapped firebrick in it instead, at the suggestion of a user on the Humphrey’s users FB page. Holds temps like a champ and so fuel efficient.

After quite a few cooks, I felt I had it pretty well learned, so I bought a ThermoWorks Signals w/ Billows fan. I love the WiFi, so much better than just Bluetooth.

Cooking a butt and a full packer brisket overnight this weekend.

Awesome! Are you abandoning the water in favor of going without?

Funny enough I literally am doing the same cook right now. Just set it to go over night & am waiting for it to get finished up. I hope your cook goes really well! It's a beast of a cooker. Takes a bit of getting used too, but I wouldn't trade mine in for anything at this point. Well maybe a bigger Humphrey's smoker :)

Awesome! Are you abandoning the water in favor of going without?

Funny enough I literally am doing the same cook right now. Just set it to go over night & am waiting for it to get finished up. I hope your cook goes really well! It's a beast of a cooker. Takes a bit of getting used too, but I wouldn't trade mine in for anything at this point. Well maybe a bigger Humphrey's smoker :)

I am not using water anymore. The firebricks are the only heat sink it needs.

The overnight cook went better than I could have expected and finished a bit earlier as well; because of that the brisket spent longer in the cooler. It was still pretty hot, so no worries of it not being edible. It was fall apart tender, bark was perfect, flavor was amazing. Everyone at my bbq ate their fill of both brisket and pork. There was not very much left. Just enough to make brisket chili and a few pork sandwiches.

My biggest cook so far, 1st brisket and for a big group was a hit.

Back